mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I went in yesterday for the first oil change. He asked me if I liked. the A1 service ($92CDN) or just an oil change ($66). The A1 service includes checking of the brakes and suspensions, tire rotation. I chose the simple oil change.

Is there any warranty issue if I did not do the full A1 service?
Sponsored

VEZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport+Sensing CVT (Canada) 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went in yesterday for the first oil change. He asked me if I liked. the A1 service ($92CDN) or just an oil change ($66). The A1 service includes checking of the brakes and suspensions, tire rotation. I chose the simple oil change.

At a Honda Garage? I don’t remember having to choose between two levels of oil service.

Jaimeee4

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan
No warranty issues if you just do regular oil changes. The dealership I work in has a complimentary inspection where we inspect everything no matter the service we do.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
No, you're warranty cannot be voided by refusing service like that. They just want to make a quick buck with that "A1 service" (name they invented) anyway.

If you have a couple of thousand miles on your car you may want a tire rotation but not rotating your tires will just mean that you'll need new front tires faster.
You will know if your suspension is shot because you will feel it.
And unless your tracking the car you do not need new brakes at the first oil change.

Jaimeee4

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan
At a Honda Garage? I don’t remember having to choose between two level of Oil service.
A service is just a regular oil change. A1 is an oil hange with a tire rotation. Every number has a certain service to be done.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
With the oil change, I also changed the winter tires to the OE all season tires. So, no need to pay them for the tire rotation.

BTW. The dealership currently has a promotion for free tire changes.

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Remeber "free" anything usually come with... "we (dealer) want to sell you something"
Any free rotation, tire swap, free inspection, allows the service tech to take a better look at your car to see if you need other services, such as brake pads replacement, Brake rotors out of spec, suspension parts are worn, brake adjustment -if you have a drum break in the rear, (the new civics don't, but Japanese was dragging their feet to put disc in the rear.) belts, new tires and so on.
You can always refuse it all.
Been there, done it, 10+ years as a service tech.
Sponsored