Reverse donuts

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
There were like 4 other FWD doing it so I said fuck it?? disabled vsa fully. Please do not do this every check light came on afterwards. Also I just held steering at full lock so I kinda fucked it up

Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I meeeeaannn at least you’re in a parking lot and not at an intersection ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me proud to be a CivicX'er. :drive:

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am sad to inform fellow civic owners that we cannot do burnouts with peddle dance VSA disable and e brake. Very saddened at the moment. The E brake disengages.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The warning lights that pop up afterwards seem to be a result of the computer getting confused by the fact that all 4 wheels are getting different speed readings, i.e FL: -10 mph, FR: -12, RL: 4, RR: 6.
The fronts are spinning backwards at different speeds (unless you have the Si with the LSD (i think))
The rears are moving forwards, or at least not the same as either of the fronts, and it seems like the computer just gives up and admits defeat once that happens.
Did reverse donuts on slick asphalt after a heavy rain, all the lights came on, i checked for flats and alignment and everything was good. drove for about half a mile and the lights all disappeared.
its a totally different kind of fun doing reverse donuts in a fwd car, like pushing a shopping cart backwards, very unstable.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The warning lights that pop up afterwards seem to be a result of the computer getting confused by the fact that all 4 wheels are getting different speed readings, i.e FL: -10 mph, FR: -12, RL: 4, RR: 6.
The fronts are spinning backwards at different speeds (unless you have the Si with the LSD (i think))
The rears are moving forwards, or at least not the same as either of the fronts, and it seems like the computer just gives up and admits defeat once that happens.
Did reverse donuts on slick asphalt after a heavy rain, all the lights came on, i checked for flats and alignment and everything was good. drove for about half a mile and the lights all disappeared.
its a totally different kind of fun doing reverse donuts in a fwd car, like pushing a shopping cart backwards, very unstable.
I felt like it was gonna roll at 1 point lol. And ya I drove for like 400ft and they went away too.

smushorn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
There were like 4 other FWD doing it so I said fuck it?? disabled vsa fully. Please do not do this every check light came on afterwards. Also I just held steering at full lock so I kinda fucked it up

Did vsa ever come back on? Did reverse donuts and all my lights came on, drove around in the parking lot for a bit to test everything out and all the lights went off. Now I'm wondering if vsa is still disabled.

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did vsa ever come back on? Did reverse donuts and all my lights came on, drove around in the parking lot for a bit to test everything out and all the lights went off. Now I'm wondering if vsa is still disabled.
Yes my VSA still works. My tires are getting bald and the TC light comes on whenever I floor it. 2 weeks ago I had to recalibrate my computer / Driver assist systems so idk if that helped "bring back" my VSA.

smushorn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes my VSA still works. My tires are getting bald and the TC light comes on whenever I floor it. 2 weeks ago I had to recalibrate my computer / Driver assist systems so idk if that helped "bring back" my VSA.
I'm not worried about my tire cuz I don't do donuts a lot. How did you go about recalibrating your computer / Driver assist systems incase I have to do that?

OP
OP
Qchon

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
haha but did you have fun is the real question?
Oh yeah. Everybody came up to me saying it was badass
I'm not worried about my tire cuz I don't do donuts a lot. How did you go about recalibrating your computer / Driver assist systems incase I have to do that?
My tires are going bald from just regular driving. 37k on Stock continentals. I do high speed cornering alot and didn't rotate them for 7k miles so that contrubted to the low lifespan.

I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected it, then the Car recalibrate itself while driving
I'm sure there's a thread on here describing in depth, and yt videos.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

My tires are going bald from just regular driving. 37k on Stock continentals. I do high speed cornering alot and didn't rotate them for 7k miles so that contrubted to the low lifespan.

I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected it, then the Car recalibrate itself while driving
then as long as nothing broke it was worth it lol

smushorn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If figured that was the move, I just drove around and everything reset as far as I know, my next move was to disconnect the battery if driving around didn't work. Glad to know I was taking the right steps.
Sponsored