Recourse for infotainment issues?

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Received a call today from service manager at dealership. Honda engineers told them that an update to infotainment software is coming out in next couple to few weeks that is supposed to address a number of issues. Will post again when I hear more.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bostondan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Received a call today from service manager at dealership. Honda engineers told them that an update to infotainment software is coming out in next couple to few weeks that is supposed to address a number of issues. Will post again when I hear more.
I hope this ends up being true and that it is a solid update!

krikaoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

I hope it reaches Brazil, fast! Very good news! If you could keep us posted it would be awesome!

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I was told a few weeks ago by my dealer that there is an update coming. But they had no idea when it was coming

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Latest news from my Honda case manager is engineers are working on a fix but there is no ETA. Frustrating.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Latest news from my Honda case manager is engineers are working on a fix but there is no ETA. Frustrating.
Heard the same today, why is it that other auto manufactures can have updates in as little as 90 days. Honda just does not care and rides the laurels of the past. But ya know...don't work any more. Customers are smarter today than 10 years ago. They now know what real junk is.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Heard the same today, why is it that other auto manufactures can have updates in as little as 90 days. Honda just does not care and rides the laurels of the past. But ya know...don't work any more. Customers are smarter today than 10 years ago. They now know what real junk is.
I beg to differ - customers are not smarter today than 10 years ago.

They FEEL they are smarter and therefore have more unwarranted entitlement, but they are definitely not smarter.

Ironic post btw.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

They FEEL they are smarter and therefore have more unwarranted entitlement, but they are definitely not smarter.

Ironic post btw.
Savage AF.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
The way I see it, they put out a garbage system in these cars last year and still have not fixed it. pretty sad I think. I've had a lot less issues with Ford sync in 4 different vehicles combined.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ironic post btw.
boy you love that word entitlement...yes, I am entitled to my money's worth...not less...not more...just want I paid for to a "T"...

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The way I see it, they put out a garbage system in these cars last year and still have not fixed it. pretty sad I think. I've had a lot less issues with Ford sync in 4 different vehicles combined.
My cousin has a new Ford Fusion and it is "user upgradeable", which is great. They said the same...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My cousin has a new Ford Fusion and it is "user upgradeable", which is great. They said the same...
Too bad there's a litany of other issues with the Fusion. Screw the infotainment, why the hell do newer Fusions have the same suspension issues/clunking that cost $1000s to repair as my '07

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I have some minor issues. Nothing terrible and nothing to really freak out over. Sometimes the lane watch camera doesn't work until I restart. The browser crashes when I try to load this site with android auto running. Thats really it. Looking forward to the update though. I write software every day and its not easy. Its very easy to change a few lines of code in one spot that fixes one thing but screws up something else that works fine 99.95% of the time.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have some minor issues. Nothing terrible and nothing to really freak out over. Sometimes the lane watch camera doesn't work until I restart. The browser crashes when I try to load this site with android auto running. Thats really it. Looking forward to the update though. I write software every day and its not easy. Its very easy to change a few lines of code in one spot that fixes one thing but screws up something else that works fine 99.95% of the time.
I hear you...
Sponsored