Post your POSITIVE dealership reviews & Experiences!

Was your purchasing process a positive one?

• Total voters

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Right Honda of Scottsdale AZ
Was going back and forth with a few dealers for a ABM Si Sedan. Negotiated OTD price via email. When I went to the dealership, I took a test drive, then inspected the vehicle. After that it went really quick between singing papers, having a little intro to the car and Financing. Since it was the Si, I couldn't get the 0.9%, and got 2.9 instead.

Was out in about 3 hours. Very smooth process, no upsell.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're one of the lucky ones then. I've gotten nothing but BS from them the few times I was looking for a car.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I think when they know you done your research and can't be tricked and lied to they give you the cold shoulder hella quick.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I've heard some pretty bad stories over the years about my dealer (Gillman San Antonio)... but it was easily the best buying experience I've ever had. No bullshit games. In and out.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
First, I don't like auto or motorcycle dealerships. I would much rather order from where they order and have the car shipped to me directly. I'm resentful that I have to pay this expensive middleman whose services I don't need or want. That said, I walked into Smith Honda in Idaho Falls, ID, negotiated a fair price, shook hands with the salescritters and got out of there in about 30 minutes. It was a low-stress no BS experience. Unfortunately, I had to order the car I wanted. I insisted on a back-out clause if the car took more than 3 months to arrive. About 13 weeks later, when my car had not arrived, I unbought my car--much to the salescritters disappointment--but I have to admit it went smoothly with no BS and I got my deposit back.

jericSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion IA
Country flag
any good dealership here in Houston? any suggestions guys? checked at Community Honda at baytown for a hatchback sport manual even before the car arrived I requested not to put amy accessories which worth $2200, they refused. they said this car is a high end car, i dont know if the agent is out of his mind, smh.. I left the dealershiT.
thanks!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Bought my 2017 white SI coupe from Bob Martino over at Lia Honda in Albany, NY. I had a very positive experience -- I had done all of my research, knew what I wanted to pay, and knew what I wanted for my trade. I had been low-balled and pressured by other area dealerships, so I wasn't particularly hopeful. Bob came over, we chatted, and I let him know up front that I did have a car to trade but that I wouldn't be discussing value on that until we decided on a price for the car. Within 2 mins, Bob had left and came back with a price that was $1000 below MSRP, but $500 higher than my target. I told him flat out that if he could come down another $500, he'd have a sale right then and there. He agreed right away (no games), and we shook on it. Only then did I slip in a "by the way, I also qualify for the New Grad Discount" to the tune of $500 more off. I made sure to point out that the money came straight from Uncle Honda's pockets, so that he didn't have to worry. :)

We then went out to assess my trade-in. I had a 2007 Sentra SL that I kept in amazing condition, and had been repeatedly low-balled from other dealers to the tune of ~$1500 under KBB. I told him that I was looking to get close to the KBB value of $2,800, and didn't want to deviate more than a couple hundred from that figure. Rather than try to needle me down, Bob actually went to bat for me and got me $3,000 for my trade in ($200 above KBB value). His explanation was that he wanted me leaving feeling completely satisfied with the deal.

Overall, my experience buying from Bob and Lia Honda was excellent. I got exactly what I wanted, in the color that I wanted, for the price that I wanted. They offered accessories and an extended warranty, but did not push too hard when I declined. There were no tricks, and within a week, I was cruising around in my new toy.

Texchappy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring in Aegean Blue, 2008 MINI JCW convertible
Country flag
Frank Brown Honda here in Lubbock started out rough - dropped by two salesmen. They were competing with a very good and motivated Toyota dealer (Reagor Dykes). In the end, the third salesman matched the deal and gave us great service once they found the Aegean Blue Touring I wanted.
Sponsored