Post your POSITIVE dealership reviews & Experiences!

Was your purchasing process a positive one?

• Total voters

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You don't want to accept extended warranties EVER as you can probably buy one yourself for a lot less. Don't just say yes because you want to leave quickly as finance people can start throwing more than you think into the deal/paperwork. Always look at all numbers. I know from personally screwing up on a deal before.
I assume you're talking about Honda only. My elderly parents were absolutely ripped by a Ford dealer on their last purchase. I couldn't do anything about their purchase price, but I sure the hell cancelled the $2500 extended warranty and $1000 service contract immediately after I saw their papers. NO problems doing so at all. I thought maybe Honda is the same way.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah that's EVERY dealer. If they try to pawn off extra stuff on the backend just keep saying no and if you get to a point where you've had enough just get up and walk out. At that point they will probably shut their mouth. I mean you can call but you will have already wasted money as you already paid tax on that extra crap.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Nah that's EVERY dealer. If they try to pawn off extra stuff on the backend just keep saying no and if you get to a point where you've had enough just get up and walk out. At that point they will probably shut their mouth. I mean you can call but you will have already wasted money as you already paid tax on that extra crap.
If Honda has the same rules as Ford, you can cancel with zero penalty. I cancelled the day after with my parents. Again, no harm no foul and no penalty or charge. I have no problem telling a finance guy to F off and let's just get this done. But you'd be surprised how many people fall for the pressure. That is their job to sell as much as they can. Cancelling gives the buyer an out but most probably don't know about it.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mind passing on how much? I'm interested in same car. For everyone else, can't you accept the extended warranty when purchasing and then cancel later? This is for those dealing with pushy finance people. Just say yes to get out of there. I don't know Honda's policy with extended warranties.
Price before TTL & fees was $19641. OTD after everything was 22700.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
If Honda has the same rules as Ford, you can cancel with zero penalty. I cancelled the day after with my parents. Again, no harm no foul and no penalty or charge. I have no problem telling a finance guy to F off and let's just get this done. But you'd be surprised how many people fall for the pressure. That is their job to sell as much as they can. Cancelling gives the buyer an out but most probably don't know about it.
Or you can just be firm and say "no thanks" to the finance guy rather than dealing with the possible headache of trying to cancel an extended warranty later on. I would have no problem complaining to the finance guy's supervisor if he/she was being too pushy.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Or you can just be firm and say "no thanks" to the finance guy rather than dealing with the possible headache of trying to cancel an extended warranty later on. I would have no problem complaining to the finance guy's supervisor if he/she was being too pushy.
A lot of people can't or don't say "no thanks" and fold under pressure. I'm simply saying there is a way out. Many buyers may not know that. There was a poster on here that just leased an EX I believe. 3 year 36/month lease. Yet the dealer tried selling him an extended warranty. Hard pressure it sounds like. Who on planet earth gets an extended warranty on a 3 year/36 month lease? The car is covered under warranty the entire time of the lease. Unless they go over the miles I guess. Sadly some will fall for it.

BTW your complaint about a pushy finance guy will do nothing. This IS their job and the GM won't give a rats ass about your complaint. They make a lot of money in that department. You'll be ignored.

My last purchase I flew in and got to the dealership at 8:30PM on a Friday night. By the time I got to the finance guy he just wanted to get the hell out of there. The only people left in the place was the cleaning crew, my salesman and finance guy. He didn't offer me anything but his shit loan at 5.99%. I refinanced a month later at .9%.

If I don't purchase long distance like I normally do where I have the contract in hand and then just pick up the car when I fly in, I'll do the 8:30PM closing time purchase again. On a weekend. By that time they have beers and chicks on their mind. Not squeezing another few hundred from me.

Last edited:

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
A lot of people can't or don't say "no thanks" and fold under pressure. I'm simply saying there is a way out. Many buyers may not know that. There was a poster on here that just leased an EX I believe. 3 year 36/month lease. Yet the dealer tried selling him an extended warranty. Hard pressure it sounds like. Who on planet earth gets an extended warranty on a 3 year/36 month lease? The car is covered under warranty the entire time of the lease. Unless they go over the miles I guess. Sadly some will fall for it.

BTW your complaint about a pushy finance guy will do nothing. This IS their job and the GM won't give a rats ass about your complaint. They make a lot of money in that department. You'll be ignored.

My last purchase I flew in and got to the dealership at 8:30PM on a Friday night. By the time I got to the finance guy he just wanted to get the hell out of there. The only people left in the place was the cleaning crew, my salesman and finance guy. He didn't offer me anything but his shit loan at 5.99%. I refinanced a month later at .9%.

If I don't purchase long distance like I normally do where I have the contract in hand and then just pick up the car when I fly in, I'll do the 8:30PM closing time purchase again. On a weekend. By that time they have beers and chicks on their mind. Not squeezing another few hundred from me.
Well if it's a shitty dealership, you're right, a complaint to the GM would be ignored. But nowadays, a lot of these dealerships love to get the high ratings from their surveys and look good on social media. If you give at least one imperfect rating, it makes them look bad. Plus, the customer still has the power to walk out of the car purchase if he's being pushed around too much. I don't think the GM would want to lose a sale over it and would likely accommodate the customer.

VMODE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hatch st
Country flag
Damian in Online sales at Stockton Honda in Stockton CA

emailed them, then called. he told me that the car was gonna be off the truck in 2 weeks
2 days later and he called told me the car will be there in 2 days . drove in the morning and
had the car prepped and ready early in the morning.

was prompt and punctual and would buy another car from them again
even if it was 5 hours away!
Damian definitely a great dude, you can tell he loves what he does because the way he engages his customers. Bought a civic hatch sport touring from him last night right after work, when we got there the car was already prepped and ready. He made the process really easy. If you are in that area or looking to purchase from Stockton Honda I would definitely recommend you to deal with Damian.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
You can't cover all the bases by your lonesome. Be kind to yourself but try hard anyway. Eventhough my vote was 'Sorta', I was pleased with my price. 21,7 with a 1.5T is good but I could have pushed more and been more aggressive but I didn't cause I sometimes lose focus but thanks god my salesman was cool and was treating me well. I wanted to please him as much as myself. I learned a LOT on how to deal with people F2F. I think I just got lucky with a cool salesman. Once you get that out the way, you learn, or I did anyway, how to not only talk to others but how to treat yourself with grace under fire.

Last edited:

poodlejuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Juan Vasquez at Beaverton Honda in Portland, OR! We bought my wife's '16 EX Sedan from him (after he showed us 20+ cars). It was a great experience; we hope to buy from him again.

GB41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
I was searching for a manual Sport Hatch on Auto Trader and cars.com in the D.C./Baltimore area. Found 2 within 100 miles. Sent my info to Herson's Honda in Rockville, MD, and received two calls within five minutes back to back that I could not answer at that time, and three more five minutes later. I was freed up ten minutes later, called and was sent immediately to VM. They called the next day, again twice back to back, and finally left a VM. I was in the shower when they called, got out and called back. They don't even have the car in stock yet, and wanted me to put down a $500 deposit to hold it as they have had numerous calls on it all the way from NC and NY. This sounds like recipe for not taking under MSRP. I don't know how shady or not this is but I don't want to deal with it. My '13 EX runs great, knock on wood. I'd like a hatch and manual but not getting bent over for it. Maybe Honda will see manual owners want more options like a sunroof and a little more availability for 2018. Seems crazy what they've stripped from the car to keep it in range where they want. How much can a rear arm rest and map pockets cost? I know I'm quibbling but it's 2017 not 1980.

GB41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was searching for a manual Sport Hatch on Auto Trader and cars.com in the D.C./Baltimore area. Found 2 within 100 miles. Sent my info to Herson's Honda in Rockville, MD, and received two calls within five minutes back to back that I could not answer at that time, and three more five minutes later. I was freed up ten minutes later, called and was sent immediately to VM. They called the next day, again twice back to back, and finally left a VM. I was in the shower when they called, got out and called back. They don't even have the car in stock yet, and wanted me to put down a $500 deposit to hold it as they have had numerous calls on it all the way from NC and NY. This sounds like recipe for not taking under MSRP. I don't know how shady or not this is but I don't want to deal with it. My '13 EX runs great, knock on wood. I'd like a hatch and manual but not getting bent over for it. Maybe Honda will see manual owners want more options like a sunroof and a little more availability for 2018. Seems crazy what they've stripped from the car to keep it in range where they want. How much can a rear arm rest and map pockets cost? I know I'm quibbling but it's 2017 not 1980.

GB41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that came across more harshly than I intended. I'm on my fifth Honda, including three Preludes, an Accord, and this is my first Civic. I've had no issues outside of normal maintenance. I think my biggest draw to the current Civic hatch is a comp I read to a Prelude with four doors. Just saying, the dealer experience can be frustrating at times, and I understand why people opt for Carmax. I will say that I loved Honda of Bowie before they sold to Darcars, they still seem ok but not where they were. But Honda of Annapolis, I've lived within 15 minutes of them for all but six years of adult life, have bought five Hondas, and not one there..

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hersons Honda in Rockville is garbage full. They rarely sell under MSRP. They are the closest dealer to my house but I've skipped them every single time because they refuse to go under msrp.

I bought my ST hatchback from another dealer because they tried to charge me 32k OTD for it.

basilpesto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring 2D OWP
Country flag
I got my 2017 touring civic in April at the David McDavid Honda in Irving, I had been emailing the sales person Jamal Kelly for some time and Honda had emailed me a walk out price of $25,500, which I thought was pretty good. My girlfriend's family was in town and wanted to see the car that I was interested in getting, so we stopped by just to show them my future baby. Of course, the dealer tried to push a sale, which I told them that I'd be ready for later on when I had built up a suitable down payment ($2000 roughly). So, they asked what would it take for me to walk out with the car. To be completely honest, I really didn't know what to respond, and I told him that I didn't know. Jamal gets up to speak to his manager and came back with a print out saying that they would knock off an additional two grand, making it $23,500 no down payment, .9% interest, payments at like $400 for 5 years. I looked at him and told this guy hell yeah, lets do it. Signed the paperwork, got a little extra protection for the car, some little marks buffed out and drove off a happy man. I don't think I could have gotten a better deal anywhere else. The car came with splash guards, window tint, all weather mats, wheel locks, cargo tray, and something else, sticker price was $29,000, so that's $5,500 off ;)
Sponsored