Post your POSITIVE dealership reviews & Experiences!

Was your purchasing process a positive one?

• Total voters

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I'd like to introduce myself as not only a Honda car sales representative, but a true car enthusiast (Especially Honda!). I have been in sales at my dealership located in Columbia SC now for 4 and half years. I absolutely love the brand image and product made by Honda (only brand I've driven since I could drive, and currently on my 6th Honda), and I absolutely love the family owned dealership that I work for! I typically get on civicx.com to keep up with any updates and news specifically aimed at the Honda Civic Type R since its a vehicle I've dreamed about having since I was 15 :love:.

The reason I'm making this thread is since the CTR information is currently at a stand still until the NYIAS I've had enough time to take a look at other forums. I just took a look at the posts in this "Pricing/ Buying/ Ordering" section and notice one common and consistent theme for responses. A large majority of the post/responses here keep highlighting negative experiences or transactions.

WHILE I WILL FULLY ADMIT THAT NOT EVERY DEALERSHIP IN THE US HAS THE BEST BUSINESS ETHICS, I DO WANT TO STRESS THAT THERE ARE GOOD DEALERSHIPS OUT THERE! Not every dealership charges customers thousands of dollars for additional accessories or "protection packages", tries to bait and switch customers, or lie about available inventory. Yes, there are always going to be a few bad apples out of the bunch that ruin it for other dealerships like mine that are trying to move towards a much more transparent and hassle-free purchasing process. And unfortunately its these unfavorable dealerships that are going to get more light and attention than the vast amount of other dealerships trying to do things more ethically so that we can focus on bettering the entire experience for our customers and improve customer retention/repeat customers.

So if you had a positive purchasing experience, or positive experience with a dealership in general please let us know! Make sure to include the name of the Dealership, Sales rep, and managers that helped make your purchase a pleasant one. That way we are giving the opportunity to earn our business to those sales professionals, and managers that truly deserve it. Hopefully in the long run we can all help guide current buyers, and future buyers in the right direction towards having a POSITIVE car purchasing experience! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Excellent experience at Legends Honda, Kansas City metro area. Our fourth Honda from that store. For some perspective, we live 30-ish miles from this dealer, and pass 4 other Honda dealers on the way, including one 3 or 4 miles from my house. Worth the travel to me for zero hassle, straightforward approach. No BS.

I generally am hesitant to refer friends unless a business is outstanding. I put Legends to the test last month, sent a coworker over who ended up buying a Civic hatch. She indicated to me that her experience was very positive, and I was glad to hear this.

This time around, when I went in to look at cars while shopping for my hatch, one of the managers (my salesperson for previous buys here) took a salesperson aside. He introduced me, said to the salesperson, "here is the deal. Matt has purchased several cars here and is a great client of ours. I want you to take care of him, get him the keys to anything he wants to drive, let him drive as many cars as he wants to drive. He's not going to buy a car today, he will let us know when he is ready. Give him any assistance he needs, and let me know if you need anything at all from me."

Not a huge deal but I thought it was cool how he handled it and there was zero pressure at all.

If you are in the KC area and would like the name of the person I trust at this store, feel free to PM me. I'm confident based on our multiple experiences and my friend at work, you'd be treated well. Obviously I'm nobody special, but I do feel that the staff here makes repeat clients a priority and goes out of their way.

My least "warm / fuzzy" shopping experience in the KC metro area came at the Honda dealer on Metcalf Ave in Overland Park. Pressure to buy that day, wasn't impressed with salesperson knowledge of car, tried to flip me to a car in stock heavily vs. what I wanted. Would not recommend.

Last edited:

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Roush Honda over by Columbus was super helpful and informative throughout the entire process (about two months...) They even overnighted accessories I ordered so I could pick up the car when I wanted. Recommend giving them a shot if you're in the area.

Lukewarm experience with the Honda Gurley Leep in Elkhart. Nice people but didn't seem as knowledgeable. Did let me do an aggressive test drive but then spent way too long trying to talk me into buying it. That was after I said it was the wrong color, I wouldn't buy until spring, and I was still undecided about getting a Honda at all. Once I had decided though they could not understand why I wanted a factory order over getting one off the lot, insisted on driving one in from a dealer 100 miles away. Only opened up to an order after that particular car had sold. Had already ordered from Roush at that point so they were SOL.

Edit: Forgot to add that they put the stupid "anti-theft" VIN etching on every vehicle and charge $200+ for it. Yeah this really wasn't a good experience but is tied into me picking Roush so...

Decent expereince for Basney Honda in Mishawaka. Let me take an Accord out solo, no pressure into buying it, very informative and laid back, offered $1000 off sticker without any negotiation.

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great buying experience two Friday's ago at Autonation Honda in Dulles, VA. My last car was an 14' Accord Sport from here and it was bullet proof. Azim was my salesman - Jerry was the sales manager. In the end, I didn't care about the fact that the purchase took 3 1/2 hours from start to finish, or that Azim didn't know his way around the car's features as well as he probably should have. In the end I cared about the bottom line and the time it took to get there.

This is how negotiations went.

Me - Hi. I'm Dave. I've just come from Carmax who offered me $14k (above KBB value) on my trade-in. I'm on my way to BMW but figure I'd stop here and get a quote from you, too.

Azim - Ok great. We'll match Carmax no matter what the price. Here's $14k.

Me - Thanks. See that HB ST outside they're rolling off the truck? How much?

Azim - Oh yah, it's fully loaded. Sticker is $29,500. Whatever you wanna pay I guess.

Me - I'll give you $27k.

Jerry - (shrugs) Ok sounds good.

Me - Thanks.

Finance guy - Here's 0.9% financing, so you'll pay about $550 in interest over next five years of loan.

Me - Thanks. Don't try to sell me anything.

Finance guy - Ok I won't. Here's your paperwork. Congrats.

Had any of these guys pushed me even the slightest on the price of the trade-in or the Civic, I would have left my car in their parking lot, walked across the street to BMW and bought a 328 or back over to Carmax for a 5 liter stang I liked. Could I have gotten $14.2 for the tradein and $26.5k for the car? Maybe. But ultimately I was in and out with a great car for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bob Boyte Honda in Brandon, MS - Salesman Milton Pickett. He has throughly impressed me before, during, and after the sale. I cannot say enough good about him. :thumbsup:

mikee_swoosh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Type-R #117 PMM
Country flag
Damian in Online sales at Stockton Honda in Stockton CA

emailed them, then called. he told me that the car was gonna be off the truck in 2 weeks
2 days later and he called told me the car will be there in 2 days . drove in the morning and
had the car prepped and ready early in the morning.

was prompt and punctual and would buy another car from them again
even if it was 5 hours away!

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I also had a good buying experience from Autonation Honda in Dulles, VA. I got them to price match the Civic EX-T I wanted with Honda Tysons Corner's price (Honda Tysons uses Sonic pricing and show the discounted price on their site). The salesman (Kevin) from Honda Dulles was easy to work with and did not try to sell me on any protection packages or accessories. I asked him to not put any Honda Dulles decals on the car and he complied with that too.

Now the finance guy was a different story. Although he was nice, he kept trying to understand why I didn't want the extended warranty and kept giving me scenarios where buying one would be the best option. But my wife and I kept saying no and he finally got it.

Still a pleasant buying experience from Honda Dulles and I will go there to service the car.

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now the finance guy was a different story. Although he was nice, he kept trying to understand why I didn't want the extended warranty and kept giving me scenarios where buying one would be the best option. But my wife and I kept saying no and he finally got it.

Still a pleasant buying experience from Honda Dulles and I will go there to service the car.
Which guy was it? Mine was a younger guy and was much easier to work with than the large older guy that works there in finance.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also had a good buying experience from Autonation Honda in Dulles, VA. I got them to price match the Civic EX-T I wanted with Honda Tysons Corner's price (Honda Tysons uses Sonic pricing and show the discounted price on their site). The salesman (Kevin) from Honda Dulles was easy to work with and did not try to sell me on any protection packages or accessories. I asked him to not put any Honda Dulles decals on the car and he complied with that too.

I bought from Tysons. Overall experience was fine, and at the time (I bought 1 month after release in 2015) it was the cheapest around OTD.

Finance guy was one of the pushiest assholes I've met. Old school used car sales guy to the nth degree.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Action Honda in Scarborough, Ontario. They gave me an honest cash discount I was happy with.
Like others in this thread, Finance was pushing some other stuff but I guess it's their job to recoup the money that Sales gave me. But after saying No twice, all was good.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Which guy was it? Mine was a younger guy and was much easier to work with than the large older guy that works there in finance.
It was a young guy...probably in his early 30s. Again, he was nice, but a bit pushy. His name might have been Dana.

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For you Torontonians in the Markham/Stouffville area. Edward and Neil at Stouffville Honda were awesome and were not pushy at all. They encouraged me to check other dealerships in the area for a better price. Had a small misshap when I was test driving a hatch sport manual (ran out of gas on the way to the gas station lol) and they hooked me up when I decided I wanted to buy. Answered all my email's relatively quickly too. Highly recommend.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine at Valley Honda in Naperville Il. This was the best experience I have ever had purchasing a car, let alone a new car. I emailed on Wednesday for a Quote on a Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT, they didnt have one in stock but still quoted me less than any other dealer. 500 down and we were searching for a Crystal Black Pearl, about an hour later I was told they found one and were intercepting it in transport and it would be ready for pickup in about a week and a half. Next day called to approve my .09% financing and informed me the car would be there earlier than expected and picked up that Saturday night. No high pressure sales, worked with me to get the accessories I wanted, and I drove away with my new car with 6 miles on it. All with in 4 days. Fred is AWESOME.

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I got mine at Valley Honda in Naperville Il. This was the best experience I have ever had purchasing a car, let alone a new car. I emailed on Wednesday for a Quote on a Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT, they didnt have one in stock but still quoted me less than any other dealer. 500 down and we were searching for a Crystal Black Pearl, about an hour later I was told they found one and were intercepting it in transport and it would be ready for pickup in about a week and a half. Next day called to approve my .09% financing and informed me the car would be there earlier than expected and picked up that Saturday night. No high pressure sales, worked with me to get the accessories I wanted, and I drove away with my new car with 6 miles on it. All with in 4 days. Fred is AWESOME.
Mind passing on how much? I'm interested in same car. For everyone else, can't you accept the extended warranty when purchasing and then cancel later? This is for those dealing with pushy finance people. Just say yes to get out of there. I don't know Honda's policy with extended warranties.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You don't want to accept extended warranties EVER as you can probably buy one yourself for a lot less. Don't just say yes because you want to leave quickly as finance people can start throwing more than you think into the deal/paperwork. Always look at all numbers. I know from personally screwing up on a deal before.
Sponsored