• Total voters

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Looking to buy second Civic, but can't afford another touring. I really wanted the hatchback, but I saw the Manual stops at the Sport, and I need Android Auto I think.

So how many of you own the manual versions of the 2017 and what do you like/hate about it? People who don't own a manual but own a 2017 Hatchback of coupe, how is it? What do you reccomend I do, considering all three options, that I do, already owning a 2016 sedan touring?

Thank you for all your responses in advance.
Sponsored

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
The price difference between an EX-T and a Touring is roughly $5k. If $5k more makes a car not affordable, get a cheaper car altogether. There are many good lightly used cars for $10-15k, as well as some new ones.

This is, of course, just my opinion, and you should do as you see fit.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The price difference between an EX-T and a Touring is roughly $5k. If $5k more makes a car not affordable, get a cheaper car altogether. There are many good lightly used cars for $10-15k, as well as some new ones.

This is, of course, just my opinion, and you should do as you see fit.
Thank you! In my case, we already have a significantly cheaper car, however are looking to get something with better gas mileage. You do however have an excellent point, 5K would only be around 100 dollars more a month. I also am a little limited as I want a manual rather than not, so that's why the touring isn't my first option. I love my touring now, and I'd love to have another but I really want a Manual.

EricDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
My last two cars were manual transmission, and I learned to drive in my dad's manual. My wife still drives a manual. But my newest is a CVT. All the things I hate about automatics, like gear seeking on hills, rough and slow downshifts when I need power, and jerky starts -- this one seems to have solved them all. And it does a great job finding the peak performance zone and just holding there when accelerating. Over the years I've seen manuals go from 4-speed as the normal offering, to 5-speed to 6-speed, which is most common today. And some automatics are now dual-clutch 9-speeds. They're all moving towards more gears to be able to find that perfect power zone. The CVT has solved that problem.

And I can still downshift when coasting down hills... just shift into S or L and the CVT smoothly increases engine breaking.

So far, I'm very happy with the choice.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Ext sedan or coupe will give most of your creature comforts... I wanted the sport manual so bad but when i saw how stripped down everything else was i passed on it... And went ext sedan manual.. However.. If i already owned a touring then 1000000% i would go hatchback sport manual.. U loose android and apple... But you have a vehicle that can do that when you need it... Also you would have a vehicle that can do more utility with that huge trunk... Just my 2 cents... Would love to own that combo... But cant until the wifes accord sport is up in a year but it sounds like a gr8 idea

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
Ext sedan or coupe will give most of your creature comforts... I wanted the sport manual so bad but when i saw how stripped down everything else was i passed on it... And went ext sedan manual.. However.. If i already owned a touring then 1000000% i would go hatchback sport manual.. U loose android and apple... But you have a vehicle that can do that when you need it... Also you would have a vehicle that can do more utility with that huge trunk... Just my 2 cents... Would love to own that combo... But cant until the wifes accord sport is up in a year but it sounds like a gr8 idea
I would get the 17 Si and you will have everything you need, however get the Touring Si that way you get the LED headlights and you wont have to go to TRFS and purchase a 55 Watt Hid system for the projector on the non-Touring version that is, Just my 2 cents!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I would get the 17 Si and you will have everything you need, however get the Touring Si that way you get the LED headlights and you wont have to go to TRFS and purchase a 55 Watt Hid system for the projector on the non-Touring version that is, Just my 2 cents!
What touring si? Doesnt and wont exist

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX Manual, 1991 Honda Crx Hf, 1988 Honda Lx Sedan 5 Speed Manual, 2010 Toyota Prius Package 3 with solar sunroof, 1977 Toyota Celica Liftback
What touring si? Doesnt and wont exist
The Touring Si with have the LED headlight option and heated seats along with a few other options the regular Si version wont have!

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Touring Si with CVT? Don't think so.
Who said anything about an Touring Si with a Cvt?? I never said that. Roman the car journalist was speaking with the PR from Honda and the PR told Roman that the basic si will have projector halogens and there will be a Touring edition of the Si and it will have the LED headlights that is on the Touring hatch, sedan, coupe of the regular civic and it will have a few other upgrades too which I forgot what he said those were however NO one said anything about a CVT in the Si. Are you assuming because the Touring will be available in this Si and that the current Touring i basic civic has a CVT so is that what you were thinking?? The PR said the Si in ALL versions of Sedan, Coupe and the Touring will ONLY have a 6 speed manual. Also the Si will not be available in the Hatch the PR said. I hate texting, emails, and anything other than talking on a phone or in person with someone because this is what happens and one has to write all this junk to explain.

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Manual with 1.5T is the only way this car is any good as an enthusiast car. I prefer the hatch for the extra bit of utility.

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual with 1.5T is the only way this car is any good as an enthusiast car. I prefer the hatch for the extra bit of utility.
I too prefer the hatch however the sedan looks the nicest and an Si sedan with factory led headlights is fantastic and then I am going to get the Type R being it only will be available in a Hatch with the factory led headlights and the 6 speed manual I will be set for several years to come!

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too prefer the hatch however the sedan looks the nicest and an Si sedan with factory led headlights is fantastic and then I am going to get the Type R being it only will be available in a Hatch with the factory led headlights and the 6 speed manual I will be set for several years to come!
I'm actually considering trading in my current car for a type R if I am sufficiently sold on it in 2-3 years, time will tell.

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm actually considering trading in my current car for a type R if I am sufficiently sold on it in 2-3 years, time will tell.
What is your current car? What make and model?

dars16civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is your current car? What make and model?
I will not get the Type R if it is not at least 310 HP and the 2.0 or 2.4. If Honda installs a 1.5 in the Type R which would not be right then they lost me!
Sponsored