• Poll closed .

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I never called you a dummy.

You're saying the smart people will listen & you only care about the people that will listen. So if people don't listen to you then they are dummies?
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I was listening when you made the comment about Americans & "seems like the majority are dummies". That seems like harsh language to me & could stifle the conversation. It sounds like you're doing name calling & not discussing or having a conversation. It appears that you can't have a conversation if someone disagrees with you, that you have to lash out call people names,

FWIW, I've had 8 cars with manual transmissions.

Last edited:

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My two previous cars had a manual transmission but I prefer the CVT. Before buying my sedan I had many trial runs with the CVT and I really liked the transmission from the first time I drove it.

The biggest reason to drive a CVT is that the traffic situation where I live is nuts. I hate to clutch and change gears in stop and go traffic every few seconds.
The CVT is also a bit faster at 0-100 kph (0-60mph) than the stick shifter and CVT gets a better gas mileage.

Kind of big disadvantage is the limitation of power with the CVT. Maximum speed is only around 200kph (125mph) while the manual shifter can go 230kph (142kph) but most of the time I'm not driving fast, so it's not a big deal for me.

I have a lot if opportunities to drive manual transmission cars from my friends and car sharing and rental car companies, sometimes it's fun but I think I will never go back to a stick shift car.
Sponsored