Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I see a lot of talk about drone on some of these exhausts, but how bad exactly?
I know some people hate drone and can't stand it even a little, but I just want an exhaust that's deep and loud. I can deal with drone, just want some good sound.

I am stuck between these 3,
Invidia R400, Borla, and the milltek non res.
drone is very subjective. Hard to tell what your tolerances are.

R400 and borla both drone. Milltek is the least drone if any out of those 3.
Sponsored

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
drone is very subjective. Hard to tell what your tolerances are.

R400 and borla both drone. Milltek is the least drone if any out of those 3.
A few years ago I used to daily my diesel truck with a straight pipe exhaust to a 8" cat stack, it was a regular cab as well. So as far as drone goes I can deal with quite a lot lol.

A lot of the videos I have seen for the exhaust on this car don't seem to do the exhaust justice so I am kinda torn, wish I could hear them in person.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
A few years ago I used to daily my diesel truck with a straight pipe exhaust to a 8" cat stack, it was a regular cab as well. So as far as drone goes I can deal with quite a lot lol.

A lot of the videos I have seen for the exhaust on this car don't seem to do the exhaust justice so I am kinda torn, wish I could hear them in person.
There is a Greddy in the for sale section by a user, and some say its a great sounding and looking exhaust.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

yeah exhaust sounds way different depending on the equipment used so it really is best to hear it/ride in it in person.

There is a Greddy in the for sale section by a user, and some say its a great sounding and looking exhaust.
totally ;);)
does sound good and looks good.

Julioext

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ext 2018 sedan CVT
Country flag
Like the title says, I'm selling my aFe and I'm looking for an exhaust with very little to no drone, but still good sound.

Please list what exhaust you have, (and any other exhaust mods like downpipe or mid pipe) and your experience with it.

- Does it sound good?
- Does it drone in the cabin?
- Does the inside of your car vibrate after the install of exhaust? Can you feel the vibes in your seat?

Thanks guys. Trying to make the best decision I can so all the information helps!
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20190121_171347
got a magnaflow sounds nice you feel a little difference in hp im thinking like 5 or 9 more

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
20190121_171347.jpg
got a magnaflow sounds nice you feel a little difference in hp im thinking like 5 or 9 more
This isn’t going to help R owners because not only won’t it fit on a Type-R, the exhaust is completely different with regard to piping diameter, mufflers, and resonators. Thus it sounds different.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
im waiting for billy boat to make one.

i loved their exhaust for the srt4 it was the best sounding one out there.
i contacted them and they said they might be working on one this year

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
yeah exhaust sounds way different depending on the equipment used so it really is best to hear it/ride in it in person.

totally ;);)
does sound good and looks good.
I was looking at it, but sucks that you are on the other side of the country. Shipping would most likely be insane.

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
this just came in today. no experience with it yet but its scheduled for install tomorrow. wonder if y’all wanted some really close up photos before it goes in so here it is.

F393E859-CC44-4471-9378-02FC01AAE9EC.jpeg
214A48BE-228B-4D91-9838-E8859EE8BDA6.jpeg
50F54464-C8DA-48E7-8726-CA8413944AF4.jpeg
006EB9A5-BC5D-41D7-BFBD-CF3DB0D1E09B.jpeg
F9E55D17-3F21-4B88-9EED-0DDCAD46183E.jpeg
2DEC1122-7E07-4B70-9E87-2E7AE52E8B67.jpeg
413E6B01-4AFB-4A63-9DD6-9F6B854FD336.jpeg
91F131FC-CB13-4BCA-AB95-858103EE8170.jpeg
325A7769-B699-4B7F-B960-5EE8C2AEF271.jpeg
Please report your experience with this system once you have some time with it! I am considering swapping to this from my miltek part-resonated system.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I have OEM exhaust, and I love it.. I customize , I did remove the front small resonator and the center back resonator, I got cated Downpipe GRP, this combo sounds amazing to me, deep bass sound not raspy at all, and the drone is not bad . With these modifications the sound level did increase and is not obnoxious loud.
The oem exhaust system is very good, the whole exhaust is straight pipe, from the resonators to the muffler, all is high flow. Including the muffler are like resonator straight pipe, so basically is not restrictive or minimal restrictive. all is 2.5 inches.
The only restriction on the oem exhaust system is the downpipe, is double catalytic converter ceramic. (See pictures)

Replacing the oem exhaust I don't see to much reason for replace it. Maybe if you are looking for reduce the weight or maybe you considering 15 more horse power in all the range of rpm is going to justify the overpriced aftermarket exhaust, but i don't think so. You can be really louder with OEM too if you remove all the resonators and muffler.

All the resonators and muffler are made of the same way in OEM (High flow)See attachment for understand what I trying to explain with whole straight pipe. ( See pictures)

Some aftermarket exhaust have a regular muffler and those are restrictive ( deed ends mufflers see picture)

Course many people also buy aftermarket exhaust for the look and searching for a particular sounds, something for sure, is impossible sounds deep bass and loud without drone in the cabin , the only way is add resonator and what the resonators does is damping or attenuated certain frequency but if you add resonators for this end you will be sounds quit.

That's why oem exhaust is really good and is designed for minimal loose in performance.

(You can see on the picture how small is the exit of the exhaust from the turbo, you don't need to have 3 or more inches on the piping) the changes in hp will be minimal and the money for 3 inches will be more than $1000.

Just my 2 cents.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. OEM Muffler.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. Oem Samall front resonator inside.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. OEM small front resonator.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. Regular muffler.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. Oem cat downpipe.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. oem donwpipe.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. turbo exhaust

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I have OEM exhaust, and I love it.. I customize , I did remove the front small resonator and the center back resonator, I got cated Downpipe GRP, this combo sounds amazing to me, deep bass sound not raspy at all, and the drone is not bad . With these modifications the sound level did increase and is not obnoxious loud.
The oem exhaust system is very good, the whole exhaust is straight pipe, from the resonators to the muffler, all is high flow. Including the muffler are like resonator straight pipe, so basically is not restrictive or minimal restrictive. all is 2.5 inches.
The only restriction on the oem exhaust system is the downpipe, is double catalytic converter ceramic. (See pictures)

Replacing the oem exhaust I don't see to much reason for replace it. Maybe if you are looking for reduce the weight or maybe you considering 15 more horse power in all the range of rpm is going to justify the overpriced aftermarket exhaust, but i don't think so. You can be really louder with OEM too if you remove all the resonators and muffler.

All the resonators and muffler are made of the same way in OEM (High flow)See attachment for understand what I trying to explain with whole straight pipe. ( See pictures)

Some aftermarket exhaust have a regular muffler and those are restrictive ( deed ends mufflers see picture)

Course many people also buy aftermarket exhaust for the look and searching for a particular sounds, something for sure, is impossible sounds deep bass and loud without drone in the cabin , the only way is add resonator and what the resonators does is damping or attenuated certain frequency but if you add resonators for this end you will be sounds quit.

That's why oem exhaust is really good and is designed for minimal loose in performance.

(You can see on the picture how small is the exit of the exhaust from the turbo, you don't need to have 3 or more inches on the piping) the changes in hp will be minimal and the money for 3 inches will be more than $1000.

Just my 2 cents.

OEM Muffler.JPG

Oem Samall front resonator inside.JPG

OEM small front resonator.JPG

Regular muffler.JPG

Oem cat downpipe.JPG

oem donwpipe.JPG

turbo exhaust.jpg
It’s already been said by multiple tuners the stock exhaust will be fine upto 400-500 HP.

So most people want an exhaust for either looks, sound, or a different midrange or upper range power characteristics.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
It’s already been said by multiple tuners the stock exhaust will be fine upto 400-500 HP.

So most people want an exhaust for either looks, sound, or a different midrange or upper range power characteristics.
Exactly, the idea is the people can understand more and make decisions easily .

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Just my 2 cents.

OEM Muffler.JPG

Oem Samall front resonator inside.JPG

OEM small front resonator.JPG

Regular muffler.JPG

Oem cat downpipe.JPG

oem donwpipe.JPG

turbo exhaust.jpg

I have yet not seen any baffled muffler as part of any catback for the Type R. Nice write up Ale and yes I agree with you stock catback is not a restriction. I bought my exhaust for the droneless note and because I wanted something 3"
Sponsored