PLEASE HELP MEEEEE, IVORY SEAT STAIN?!?!?!

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Hi, is there anyone out there that can help me get my seat clean again? This was not my fault. I have always been one to watch what people are eating in my car or to make sure simply that they have no dirt on their bodies before entering my car. Kinda crazy, lol. However, I got into an accident not too long ago and I was super worried my interior would get dirt on it from the men handling my car. I read reviews on them and all were positive, so I assumed they would be more professional.
I constantly nagged my friends and family of my cars seats hoping they wouldnt get dirty from the repair. When I picked it up today, my cars seats seemed fine. I looked in the back and in the front seats and they all looked clean. It was not until I got home that I did an even more thorough inspection of my car to find the drivers seat looked like oil or some liquid had been spilled on it. I didnt see it at first because sun was not reflecting off of it before, until I wanted to fill my car up with gas to find a sheen on my drivers seat. I WAS PISSED. Now, I dont know what to do because I don't know if its an oil stain or what and I dont want to make it worse. We have the turtle wax brand upholstery cleaner, but I dont want to make the stain worse! WHAT DO I DO!?!?!
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
I will try getting a picture of it up tomorrow. Advice would be helpful! D:
Sponsored

andre12dbsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan / 2017 Acura MDX Navi SH-AWD
Could you take it back to the body shop to see if they would fix it?

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Couple of things you could do.

1) If you think the body shop did it, ask them to clean it up
2) You can use a stain remover to do it yourself.

What I am unclear is whether your interior is fabric or leather.

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Couple of things you could do.

1) If you think the body shop did it, ask them to clean it up
2) You can use a stain remover to do it yourself.

What I am unclear is whether your interior is fabric or leather.
My interior is fabric

andre12dbsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan / 2017 Acura MDX Navi SH-AWD
I'd still try the body shop first. Just tell them it wasn't there when you dropped it off. It's worth a shot.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you money as compensation. Maybe ever pay to have the stain professionally cleaned too, that's not cool at all.

dudeitsdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Country flag
They probably thought I wouldnt notice.

seat 1.JPG

seat 2.JPG

Car stain.jpg
I've got a black interior in mine, so I'm not super familiar with the ivory. Honestly though, I can't tell where any of the stains are. Is it the lighter patches in the fabric where they tried to clean it?

If you didn't mention it, I wouldn't have thought anything about it at all.

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you money as compensation. Maybe ever pay to have the stain professionally cleaned too, that's not cool at all.
very true, and yeah, when I got home, I was not happy. First thing I did was go to autozone to find anything I could use to clean it up. And they suggested a product I already had. I thought about taking it back and showing them and then getting it detailed.

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I've got a black interior in mine, so I'm not super familiar with the ivory. Honestly though, I can't tell where any of the stains are. Is it the lighter patches in the fabric where they tried to clean it?

If you didn't mention it, I wouldn't have thought anything about it at all.
You know, honestly, I thought the exact same thing. But I am SUPER picky and OCD when it comes to my cars seats. So when I actually looked at the seats, I could clearly see the spots they had spilled something on. Although I do agree, it isnt very noticeable if you aren't looking for it, It is still super irritating to know its there.

dudeitsdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Country flag
You know, honestly, I thought the exact same thing. But I am SUPER picky and OCD when it comes to my cars seats. So when I actually looked at the seats, I could clearly see the spots they had spilled something on. Although I do agree, it isnt very noticeable if you aren't looking for it, It is still super irritating to know its there.
Haha, I hear ya. I'm the same way sometimes. No matter the case, if they did something to your car, they should make it right by you.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I wish the mods would change the title to lower caps, remove the superfluous exclamatory marks and add some paragraph breaks. One person's fabric stain is not the same as a sudden nuclear explosion.

OP
OP
Sammie_hun

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I wish the mods would change the title to lower caps, remove the superfluous exclamatory marks and add some paragraph breaks. One person's fabric stain is not the same as a sudden nuclear explosion.
No, youre right. It's not. However, I was not comparing the two things, nor do i expect anyone to make the same comparison. This post wasnt typed up to please youre opinion or perspective. This post was created because I do see this as a large issue pertaining to my car. I didnt create the post to exemplify importance in my car compared to other aspects in life, this is just about my car. Im not disregarding your opinion, but thank you for sharing it. Hey, seemed like the title worked, you did notice it...
Sponsored