First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi
I have a 2018 EX-T with the gray and black nylon seats. It was supposedly treated with some kind of stain resistance by the previous owner purchased at the Dealer, in the Honda records it shows he took it back because the seats were not stain resistant. The other day I spilled a coke on my seat, it went through the crappy seat cover I have and stained the seat. My previous Honda 2002 I accidentally spilled tons of stuff on the passenger seat, and it never stained like this. I have used carpet stain cleaner and other stain removers and nothing will get it out. Has anyone else had a problem with the seats holding stains, and also has anyone found anything to remove them. BTW the seats were steamed cleaned before I got the car and the prior stains never came out.
Thank you
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Check and see if the aftercare stain warranty the previous owner purchased is still in effect - ours was 7/70 and saved our bacon, well chicken, once. Dumped a "precooked super-bird" 2+ cups of liquid grease on our Si's back seat; looked and smelled terrible. Dealer cleaned it up beautifully, otherwise they would have replaced the entire back seat, at their cost. Best $500 bucks my wife made me spend. Steam cleaning, and also in some situations an aftermarket seat cover, can actually damage the seat and make a stain much worst.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
the tan cloth stains like crazy, and doesnt come out really, i managed to lighten the stains on my 16 ext, but never go them out entirely. my neoprene seat covers made the seats a little darker as well

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
I had not cleaned my seats once in 3 years. Had some stains that I tried to get out with upholstery cleaner about a year ago with no luck. Last week I mixed a little bit of Tide and some hot water in a spray bottle. I sprayed down the seats till they were wet then scrubbed them with a soft brush and let them sit for about 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile I was boiling a big pot of water. After the 3-5 minutes I dunked a towel in the boiling water and laid it on the seat. After waiting another 3-5 minutes I sucked it up with a wet/dry shop vac. It took about another 6 hours to dry after that. It wasn't a very warm day so I suspect it would be about 2 hours on a 80 degree day. The result was perfection! Looks new again.
Sponsored