First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi there,

I’ve read people are running +9 with Hondata but can’t seem to find anyone running +9 with Ktuner. Just wondering if @KTuner has any plans for +9 for base 1.5t.

Extra boost would be nice but if conservative and reliable is at stake, then I can see why +9 wouldn’t be a good idea.

For those running +9 boost for base 1.5t, how big of a difference did you felt?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We try to make more reliable power with less boost and also stopped at 21PSI as a safe limit to retain longevity for the CVT and the clutch on these platforms. Technically if you were one of those who were only hitting 12PSI you're already at +9, though we don't favor that terminology since factory boost levels can vary so much.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what it is worth, I don’t think there is a “+9psi” CVT base map for Hondata, that was all custom work.

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We try to make more reliable power with less boost and also stopped at 21PSI as a safe limit to retain longevity for the CVT and the clutch on these platforms. Technically if you were one of those who were only hitting 12PSI you're already at +9, though we don't favor that terminology since factory boost levels can vary so much.
For what it is worth, I don’t think there is a “+9psi” CVT base map for Hondata, that was all custom work.
Civic Sport 6M. Stock 16.5PSI. Going to 21(21.5 in my case) is only +5PSI and a bit disappointed from people running +6 and +9 for their sport and si. Not that it is a deal breaker or anything but the potential of this car can still be pushed with reliability and conservative in mind in my opinion. Well, I’ll be getting custom tune, hopefully all goes well!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Keep something in mind, Honda may advertise the car having 16.5 psi boost but most people are seeing more like 14 psi stock.

OP
OP

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep something in mind, Honda may advertise the car having 16.5 psi boost but most people are seeing more like 14 psi stock.
I had Ktuner to measure boost when the car was still on stock tune(didn’t know how to load tune when first have it lol, flashes with stock tune when it was on stock tune , clueless) My car would usually hit 16PSI+ on full throttle.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I had Ktuner to measure boost when the car was still on stock tune(didn’t know how to load tune when first have it lol, flashes with stock tune when it was on stock tune , clueless) My car would usually hit 16PSI+ on full throttle.
This is exactly why +6 and +9 designations don't really make sense to us. Ask the many people who saw between 12-14 on the factory tune. How does +6 represent them? Not all vehicles do hit 16 and on the stock tune that is only at one specific RPM (5500) as a peak. Other than that one point it's 14s or below. Take a look at the factory boost target map for reference, at 5000 target is 14.6, which means we're "+7". At 4000 it's 13.6, which means we're "+8" there. We don't do it that way for a reason.

We chose to clearly outline the actual boost levels we target and the gains for those over stock, which make a substantial difference. We may add a tune level to change midrange at some point, but again, we're at the safe point for the CVT and factory clutch at this 21PSI level. The rods in the base are also weaker. Peak to peak gains are comparable to that of the Si 23 tune. From what I understand from independent testing their "+9" was very similar to our 21PSI power wise. You're really not missing out on anything. You can have more boost, less timing, and end up making less power. :)

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
My car would also, but only for a fraction of a second.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on the 19/21 duel mode and have seen my boost hit 24

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You don't need the +9 PSI tune with KTuner when we have the TSP Stage 1 Tune available.

Sal Bandini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
This is exactly why +6 and +9 designations don't really make sense to us. Ask the many people who saw between 12-14 on the factory tune. How does +6 represent them? Not all vehicles do hit 16 and on the stock tune that is only at one specific RPM (5500) as a peak. Other than that one point it's 14s or below. Take a look at the factory boost target map for reference, at 5000 target is 14.6, which means we're "+7". At 4000 it's 13.6, which means we're "+8" there. We don't do it that way for a reason.

We chose to clearly outline the actual boost levels we target and the gains for those over stock, which make a substantial difference. We may add a tune level to change midrange at some point, but again, we're at the safe point for the CVT and factory clutch at this 21PSI level. The rods in the base are also weaker. Peak to peak gains are comparable to that of the Si 23 tune. From what I understand from independent testing their "+9" was very similar to our 21PSI power wise. You're really not missing out on anything. You can have more boost, less timing, and end up making less power. :)
Sponsored