Need y’all help ASAP....

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
what’s good y’all so my dumbass is taking off the air bag to put on my new steering wheel on. My impatient ass is now stuck and don’t know what to do. Can y’all give me tips on how I can fix this? Notice on the grey tab is broken... I know what an idiot ? not sure what to do ... please help ... thank you
Honda Civic 10th gen Need y’all help ASAP.... image
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the clip stay engaged? Otherwise, i think I would disconnect the airbag to Ensure it doesn’t misfire, then get a new unit.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I might be missing something. Bur the broken clip on the connector looks like it's just there to secure the connectors together. Does the connector feel secure from just the spring tension of the contacts? You could ty-rap it on if your worried about it coming loose.

OP
OP
_1slowsi_

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
I might be missing something. Bur the broken clip on the connector looks like it's just there to secure the connectors together. Does the connector feel secure from just the spring tension of the contacts? You could ty-rap it on if your worried about it coming loose.
The connector feels secure. I am not to sure how to remove that tab.my fear is I hope that doesn’t make the air bag deploy. My only option is put it back together and see what happens it or I can try to see what I can do . I sure as hell do not what to take it to the dealership.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
The battery should be disconnected, that’s step 1. Wait 10min then disconnect the the airbags

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
_1slowsi_

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
My issue is I just do not know how to remove that broken tab . Should I just order that new harness? Or should I force it out ? Thank you
If the little locks on the tabs broke just pull up, if you pull up and there’s still resistance than it’s still locked in. The way they normally work is you squeeze in and pull up if my memory serves me right. So if you have a pick tool get on both sides of the remaining broken white piece on the tab. Get the pick push the ends in and lift.

Edit:
If that doesn’t work. Leave it as is dont mess with it anymore, buy the harness see if it has the airbag connectors, once that’s been verified. Then go to town on the clip to unplug it, but not break the connection on the airbag or else that’s a hefty price