First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
:eek:

That is likely the reason the piece is bent. Instructions say to put the rods into the actuators and then place the glass. I have done it that way multiple times.
I think it might be the case for me. However, Most videos online do it that way. Even the one mentioned above.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I think it might be the case for me. However, Most videos online do it that way. Even the one mentioned above.
Honda instructions says to leave the rods in.
Honda Civic 10th gen Need help with power side mirror not turning left right or up down 4EBD24D6-9B48-4B7A-94A5-45B09EA8E3A2

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Instructions say to put the rods into the actuators and then place the glass. I have done it that way multiple times.
I struggled to get the rods separated from the back of the mirror to install them per Honda's directions. Without doing it that way it's unlikely the boots will seat correctly (Mine didn't upon re-disassmebly). For now I left it unless someone can confirm the rods can be pulled out of the socket they are in by applying consistent force during removal? Reassembling the mirror that way seems difficult though since the rods have a directional pin to them that also needs oriented while the mirror is snapped back on (Honda instruction style). @98-0425 is the only one I've seen that says he's done it that way, so it sounds possible!

Suma review: Fantastic modification. Can't say enough about the blind spot elimination especially on the drivers side. I don't prefer the blue tint but it's not bothersome. I'd definitely recommend this as others have said. I didn't have any torn boots, missing retainer rings etc. Just couldn't get the rods out easily enough to continue to follow Honda's re-installation method.

I wanted to re-remove one side and the mirror only came off, leaving the white piece you transfer from the original mirror, on the car. Then I could see the boots were not fully covering the mirror base. Didn't look like it would be a huge issue, even for a daily driven R so I fixed that side since I had access to them but I'm sure the other side of my car has the boots not fully sealed as they should be.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you guys! Yes, I did not lose the clips but I thought those go on top of the rubber boot (facepalm). I put those back on the retainer clips and the up and down motor is working fine but sadly not left and right.

It seems that when I was pushing the mirror back in, the white pin (actuator) was not exactly perpendicular and bent one of the retainer clips.

IMG_1376.jpeg

I guess I will have to figure out how to fix or buy just that white clip thingy.

Gonna bump. Did you figure this out? Seems my dumbass did the same thing and left the pins in the mirror instead of the housing and now they're bent /broken lol

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
When I installed my suma mirrors, i had to take it on & off a few times to align the white pins to go into the rubber boot.

Once I was able to align all the pins, I was able to snap in the mirror and then I made sure the Mirror worked in all directions.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So It looks like the retainer clip/pin (not the actual rod) is broken. Is there a way to replace this or a part number without having to buy the whole sub-assembly?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So It looks like the retainer clip/pin (not the actual rod) is broken. Is there a way to replace this or a part number without having to buy the whole sub-assembly?

If you still have the clip/spring to go around it, it can be finessed back together. It all depends on how badly or how many teeth are broken.

Attach the rods to the mirror backing plate and push it on first. Then, snap the mirror on.

If it's on so tight it won't move, you can slowly back the mirror out using a trim pry tool

I got (un)lucky and ended up finding(needing) a new assembly on eBay for $85

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you still have the clip/spring to go around it, it can be finessed back together. It all depends on how badly or how many teeth are broken.

Attach the rods to the mirror backing plate and push it on first. Then, snap the mirror on.

If it's on so tight it won't move, you can slowly back the mirror out using a trim pry tool

I got (un)lucky and ended up finding(needing) a new assembly on eBay for $85
I have to double check when I'm off work but i believe 4 out of 5 retainers are there. The spring is still in the boot. I should have checked before doing the other side as i checked after everything was assembled and realized i goofed on both sides lol.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update,

Pin was just badly bent but managed to finesse into place with spring. Both sides working properly. ??

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update,

Pin was just badly bent but managed to finesse into place with spring. Both sides working properly. ??
Woot!!

OP
OP
Dejavu

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Update,

I also just finessed the rod into place. Following the Honda instruction manual did help.

Hakuro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue CTR
Country flag
I was able to do what I could to fix it as well thanks to this thread. Problem is my left-right adjustment still doesn't work because the keyring is too loose. It looked completely undamaged compared to the other but for some reason it's not tight enough to squeeze the 5-prongs onto the corkscrew-rod. The damaged one works because it was squished and is now squeezing on the 5-prongs harder

tonytypeR

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Not sure if you guys still need the help, but I was able to randomly find a seller on AliExpress that had the exact ring and gear that I needed to fix my mirror.

I had the same issue where I broke one of my prongs when installing my spoon mirrors and lost the ability to adjust my mirrors left and right. I replaced it with the part from AliExpress and now my mirrors works flawlessly again.

Not sure if I can post the link, but you can find the listing from my photo below. Hope this helps
Honda Civic 10th gen Need help with power side mirror not turning left right or up down IMG_1459
Sponsored