amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I would too! Living in Dallas TX its a mall crawler 99% of the time.
Don't roll over any Priuses on your way to the mall.....;)
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not so sure that after a few weeks you are getting used to the car. Took me many moons till I was pushing hard enough to start sliding the car in curves or even comfortable enough to drive at the limit. Sounds like maybe you’re more straight line focused. That’s not what the Si is about as it’s just never been a fast car in that regard. Also, this car is greatly affected by the weather. I mean all cars are but I’ve noticed it exponentially in this one. Even my 15 year old will be like, “it’s not taking off like it usually does.” We get pretty significant temp swings here in the Carolinas. Anyway, take it hard into some curves and (as it starts to understeer) hammering it coming out letting that LSD magic pull you through like your on train tracks...then, see how you feel.

Edit. Work up to the curves thing so you don’t slide off and hit a physical object. Handling is where the Si shines.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Not sure how you'd be bored driving the best handling FWD car under $35,000. Seems to me like you're just not driving it right.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... I still have a ton of fun driving it!
During my first test drive I fell in love with the car and I was amazed with the speed and feeling you get driving it. But now after driving it for a couple of weeks, I don't get that feeling anymore. I'm planning on keeping the vehicle stock, getting a Ktuner and running it 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport that way I won't need to replace the clutch.

Any thoughts?
thats why im still glad i have my 09 Ex to whip around during the winter time, by the time i bring the SI out of the garage in the spring it feels like a TYPE R lol

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is a life problem, not a Civic Si problem. No thrill lasts, even after mods. Always something faster or sexier on the horizon. The secret is learning to be happy with what you have. Taking good care of it over time will help.
Well said and I couldn't agree more. Based on our life experiences, some of us have gone places that make us more grateful than others. I love my Si for reasons other than just the power. I am grateful for the fact that I'm able to afford it, garage it, put good gas in it, and keep it looking awesome. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
Not sure how you'd be bored driving the best handling FWD car under $35,000. Seems to me like you're just not driving it right.
I'm not bored driving the car, I still have a ton of fun and enjoy every mile that I drive it. It's just that it felt faster and it was more exiting when I first got it.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m not so sure that after a few weeks you are getting used to the car. Took me many moons till I was pushing hard enough to start sliding the car in curves or even comfortable enough to drive at the limit. Sounds like maybe you’re more straight line focused. That’s not what the Si is about as it’s just never been a fast car in that regard. Also, this car is greatly affected by the weather. I mean all cars are but I’ve noticed it exponentially in this one. Even my 15 year old will be like, “it’s not taking off like it usually does.” We get pretty significant temp swings here in the Carolinas. Anyway, take it hard into some curves and (as it starts to understeer) hammering it coming out letting that LSD magic pull you through like your on train tracks...then, see how you feel.

Edit. Work up to the curves thing so you don’t slide off and hit a physical object. Handling is where the Si shines.
I will be taking the car to a few long trips during summer, hopefully I am able to find a few nice curves! It's still pretty cold where I live (30-50 degrees)

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well said and I couldn't agree more. Based on our life experiences, some of us have gone places that make us more grateful than others. I love my Si for reasons other than just the power. I am grateful for the fact that I'm able to afford it, garage it, put good gas in it, and keep it looking awesome. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox
I'm more than happy with my Si, just looking for that exiting feeling I used to get with it. Hopefully I get it back with the Ktuner.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I will be taking the car to a few long trips during summer, hopefully I am able to find a few nice curves! It's still pretty cold where I live (30-50 degrees)
This is what I'm planning to do as well.