Nitpicking My 2019 Si Coupe

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I pulled door panels off of mine, to swap leather arm rests in for the abrasive cloth ones.
They aren't difficult at all ... do a quick YouTube search, and you can have it off in about 5 minutes.
Youtube/DIY guides on this forum make removing the door panels very quick and easy.
Installing leather armrests is probably the most life-improving mod I've done so far. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Youtube/DIY guides on this forum make removing the door panels very quick and easy.
Installing leather armrests is probably the most life-improving mod I've done so far. :thumbsup:
I'm still trying to source leather console parts from a Touring ... but don't want to pull the trigger on the OEM price!

So, now I'm looking into a local upholstery shop to do it, with red stitching to match the rest of the Si.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm still trying to source leather console parts from a Touring ... but don't want to pull the trigger on the OEM price!

So, now I'm looking into a local upholstery shop to do it, with red stitching to match the rest of the Si.
For me, I swear it was fate...
On a Saturday I was thinking about how stiff and dirty my armrests were. On Sunday I concluded that buying OEM leather replacements was out of my budget and resigned to just living with the cloth. On Monday I see an ad in Member's Classifieds for complete OEM sedan black leather armrest set at <$200. I cave-in and buy them, they arrived in perfect condition and I've never looked back since.
Initially, I was worried the grey stitching (only appears on the center armrests) would clash with the rest of the red stitching. However, considering we do have that string of black stitching on the passenger's dash, and the Si seats do have red/black/grey accents, I now think the grey stitching fits in well.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For me, I swear it was fate...
On a Saturday I was thinking about how stiff and dirty my armrests were. On Sunday I concluded that buying OEM leather replacements was out of my budget and resigned to just living with the cloth. On Monday I see an ad in Member's Classifieds for complete OEM sedan black leather armrest set at <$200. I cave-in and buy them, they arrived in perfect condition and I've never looked back since.
Initially, I was worried the grey stitching (only appears on the center armrests) would clash with the rest of the red stitching. However, considering we do have that string of black stitching on the passenger's dash, and the Si seats do have red/black/grey accents, I now think the grey stitching fits in well.
Ahhhh ...
So YOU bought them!
I also saw that set.
I didn't need the arm rests ... but was willing to pay that price for the console alone.
Congrats on your GREAT timing and purchase.
I've had nothing but wonderful experiences buying a few things from folks on the forum, and I'm glad you are liking your new leather.
(you lucky dawg!)

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update: just noticed my drivers-side a-pillar is making a tapping sounds at certain vibrations, and placing a hand on it fixes the issue. Looks like I’ll have to do ye ol’ electrical tape silencer trick on that one also. :D:dunno:

birdo_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
UPDATE: I shoved some rolled-up electrical tape (my go-to sound deadening material :D) in the crack between the lower A-Pillar and the front of the dashboard, and I think that might’ve fixed it. We’ll see! I’ll report back if the sound reappears.

Thanks for the tips, all!
I might try that. Previously I stuck an old library card in the crack so I could have some temporary sanity. I've been a little worried about putting something in the crack permanently though because it is an air bag panel... don't really want to obstruct it.

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Nope I used some black felt I had laying around since I couldn't find my roll of electrical tape. Worked just as well I'm sure.

And I'm hoping so, I will probably take the car in next week some time, busy week this week then out of town next weekend. Will report back with findings/results after I finally get it into the dealer
Where are you guys placing the felt? Just between the pillar and the dash? Or do you actually remove the pillar?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I have put credit cards in-between the plastic and it ... ends the problem. Down the road - when it gets warm - I will look for a perm solution. For sure though ... it's the A piller on both sides.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I have that massive rattle upon initial start up that goes away in about 5 to 7 min ... what the F is that? ... what is the fix?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All of my gaps both inside and out are 100 percent perfect! I understand ... I am extremely lucky. Only on one rear match up rear bumper can I see just the slightest issue of a very very very small variance (99 percent of everyone would never notice)... I gave a pass on a white off the show room floor 2019 because the gaps were ridiculously bad!

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have that massive rattle upon initial start up that goes away in about 5 to 7 min ... what the F is that? ... what is the fix?
I just started having such a rattle inside my dash. I believe others have said it’s related to the center speaker.

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Where are you guys placing the felt? Just between the pillar and the dash? Or do you actually remove the pillar?
You can remove the pillar and fix the root of the noise, but I personally just put the felt between the pillar and the dash. Didn't want to mess with taking off the pillar
Sponsored