Katrien

First Name
Katrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 1,5
Country flag
In this case that could be true, at least for my case. It was not a constant or had reproducible conditions. At a suggestion from another person on this forum, I used a business card to wedge between the a pillar and the horizontal surface of the dash. That eliminated the sound over a week or so of driving. I explained the situation to the service writer, they tried to reproduce and couldn't; so they ordered a replacement and now it's been quiet ever since.
Good morning! I want to thank you all for your help about the A-pillar-problem... I mentioned this to my Honda Dealer who communicated this to Honda Belgium (my car apparently is the first one in Belgium with this problem).
They still kept saying they "couldn't hear it" - so "they couldn't do anything about it", so we got our Civic back after about 2 weeks (technicians of our dealer and of Honda Belgium drove the car in that period).

And... this is what we saw: look at the picture!
They put something between the A-pillar and the dashboard (about 2cm)... But 'they do know nothing' ....
I am absolutely not happy about the way we are treated in this case: they say they can't hear the problem, so they can't do anything - but we get our car back like this...
The problem seems solved, I hope it lasts...
So thank you very much!!

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread civic1
Sponsored

BlueTouringNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring
My 2016 Civic touring is a complete rattletrap. It's got a great turbocharged engine with great mileage and great electronic goodies with a totally piece of s*** suspension and hardware parts inappropriately matched to the frame. This is my first Honda and it will be my last. Honda builds great engines just like they did with motorcycles. They don't know their ass when it comes to body and Hardware. Stay clear my friends!

guymenton

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
2017 LX with 2K miles in my 1st month, and omg, I had the rattle coincidentally on the same day as my 1st service appointment with the dealer (low tire indicator always on, driver side USB port intermittently working). I almost thought they must have taken my dash apart for the USB problem and not put it back together ok. Glad to know I'm not the only one and I can point to this thread on my next visit!

krikri

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017 elegance 1.00
Country flag
Good morning! I want to thank you all for your help about the A-pillar-problem... I mentioned this to my Honda Dealer who communicated this to Honda Belgium (my car apparently is the first one in Belgium with this problem).
They still kept saying they "couldn't hear it" - so "they couldn't do anything about it", so we got our Civic back after about 2 weeks (technicians of our dealer and of Honda Belgium drove the car in that period).

And... this is what we saw: look at the picture!
They put something between the A-pillar and the dashboard (about 2cm)... But 'they do know nothing' ....
I am absolutely not happy about the way we are treated in this case: they say they can't hear the problem, so they can't do anything - but we get our car back like this...
The problem seems solved, I hope it lasts...
So thank you very much!!

civic1.jpg
Hi Katrien,
Is it definitely ok now? Because my car is 4 months old and the same noise is beginning some times. Also could you tell me witch dealer you’ve been? I’ve bought mine in Brussels ‘’ Honda Ring Motor ‘maybe I could tell them to contact your dealer

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
....and my car started rattling again from the center of the dash

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for posting this. I have the same rattle and am going to apply some felt tape to the area.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a rattle/vibration coming from the rear of my Hatch when driving 50+mph. First thought it was license plate cover rattling. Then thought it was spoiler. Finally took it to dealer. After eliminating everything we could think it might be, service tech found a missing bolt on heat shield under car. Fixed and running quietly again!
I experienced this rattle last night! Have not heard it today yet, but it was happening when in the interstate at around 70mph.

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
Have this rattle when <50 degrees outside until warmed up. Shoved some foam between the pillar and the dash and we'll see if it fixes it. Thanks so much for posting about this!

Edit: It is fixed!

Last edited:

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Got a constant rattle while driving dash area. Heading to the dealer first this tomorrow.

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
Does any one have any updates for this problem? I have my hatchback ex currently at the dealer for the second time now. First time they added some foam to the passenger a-pillar on the edge where it meets the windshield. But there is still a rattle. Sounds like it coming center behind the dash somewhere. Told dealer to check for something loose in the center of the car. Hoping for a fix

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does any one have any updates for this problem? I have my hatchback ex currently at the dealer for the second time now. First time they added some foam to the passenger a-pillar on the edge where it meets the windshield. But there is still a rattle. Sounds like it coming center behind the dash somewhere. Told dealer to check for something loose in the center of the car. Hoping for a fix
try to pull up a little the trim around the gear selector, it works for me.

BrieOfBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring 4 door sedan
does anyone's engine make noise on acceleration?
ok well not noise...more like there's a baby aftermarket intake in the engine....

not sure if i'm explaining the sound right,

also im talking about like anywhere from 0-40mph. no stomping the peddle, just normal driving...
Yes, I have this rattle on mild acceleration (but not heavy acceleration) and on turning. very annoying buzzing rattle.

Also on 2017 Touring model.

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
Reporting back. So yesterday I took the metal under body shield off the car and a medium size pebble was on top of the metal shield. After a day of driving the car I have not heard this rattle any more. I'm pretty confident that the pebble on the metal shield was creating this rattle/ buzzing noise.

So go out and check the metal pan clear out the rocks. It's easy to remove just a couple of metal fasteners that take a half turn to remove with a flat head
Sponsored