Abirichi

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I plan on getting underneath the car tomorrow but wanted to see if any of you had some pointers on where to start. The noises location seems to be in the front driver's side area, behind the dash maybe in the engine bay. Could just sound that way since I'm sitting there. To make this rattle I have to be at a complete stop or very low speed, less than 15mph, then press on the accelerator. It will not not make noise when above that speed. Now I can replicate the noise when I press on the brake and light press the accelerator. I did this for the video I'm posting of the rattle. Since I made the video I also learned that when the heat is on is makes a lighter more inconsistent version of the rattle, sounds to be coming from same spot.

Thanks for any insight!

Sponsored

Dman302

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 touring
Country flag
Try this!!! Remove be the lower duct on the drivers side. There’s a philips screw holing on a cover plate that has to come off to remove the duct. Disconnect the hose and find the second philips head screw on the black cover plate. Now the plate can be removed. Behind it are two metal tubes running into the heater. Put some material behind the metal tubes and leave the cover off and drive around.....let me know what you find. May be very pleased. May not be. I let the cover off and and so far....so far optimistic the I have resolved my dash rattle issue
Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abirichi

Abirichi

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Try this!!! Remove be the lower duct on the drivers side. There’s a philips screw holing on a cover plate that has to come off to remove the duct. Disconnect the hose and find the second philips head screw on the black cover plate. Now the plate can be removed. Behind it are two metal tubes running into the heater. Put some material behind the metal tubes and leave the cover off and drive around.....let me know what you find. May be very pleased. May not be. I let the cover off and and so far....so far optimistic the I have resolved my dash rattle issue
Lol
I wish I saw this 2 years ago lmao! My problem still persists mostly because I can't locate the area you are mentioning. Hopefully your still active and can relive this knowledge for me! I always give up on battling the rattle noise cuz it goes away when the weather gets colder and only returns in the summer months. So basically what that means is, iiiiitts baaaaaaack!

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Lol
Pictures would been great specially the location
Sponsored