My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
Got my problem solved at the dealer today, they took apart whole Central console and found out that big plastic pipe under the USB and lighter ports is completely loose on it's connector.. They fixed it with some rubber ring. So far so good. Go to your dealer and show them those pictures
Can you provide the service document from the dealer showing the fix please
Sponsored

First Name
Teyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Hi all,

2017 Sport Touring HB here. I suffer from a small ticking noise above my B pillar area every time I hit a bump. Anyone else have this problem? It's different from the headliner moon roof problem everyone else has been talking about. I'm planning on disassembling my B pillar and headliner to see. Will report back if I can fix it.

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
3 failed repair attempts, 28 total days car spent at dealer and no fix. Somehow after this 3rd visit the rattle noise is more frequently present now. Before it wasn't as persistent. I give up with this car

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3 failed repair attempts, 28 total days car spent at dealer and no fix. Somehow after this 3rd visit the rattle noise is more frequently present now. Before it wasn't as persistent. I give up with this car
If you pay me the flight i will solve your rattle in half day:drive:

First Name
Teyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Seriously though, I'm willing to pay a few hundred bucks to make this car rattle-less. Now that's a business idea.

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
I have a persistent rattle in the passenger door area....sounds like it is coming from the bottom....drives me insane and have yet to find it so far. Worse on cold mornings...not near as loud when the car is good and warm.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Fixed the resonant buzzing in my "dash" by spraying both sides of the splash guard with Underside paint. It worked.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread 20180514_152319

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
I got my 1.5T a couple of weeks ago and when I am going through rough surface there is a metallic rattle coming from the driver side dashboard area, which seems to be worse when the A/C is on.

Need to take a video of it I guess but coming from a 10 y.o. VW Passat CC with no noises rattles anything it is really frustrating
have you taken yours to the dealer?

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback 2017
Hi all,

2017 Sport Touring HB here. I suffer from a small ticking noise above my B pillar area every time I hit a bump. Anyone else have this problem? It's different from the headliner moon roof problem everyone else has been talking about. I'm planning on disassembling my B pillar and headliner to see. Will report back if I can fix it.
It's very easy to fix. On a upper part of the pillar there's a small cap that says"air bag". Pry it up and unscrew the bolt, pull the pillar off it's place, its two clips. I've bought sticky velcro, the softer part, cut it to narrow ribbons and stick it to the base of the pillar cover where it comes in touch with the dashboard, and the glass.

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback 2017
Got my problem solved at the dealer today, they took apart whole Central console and found out that big plastic pipe under the USB and lighter ports is completely loose on it's connector.. They fixed it with some rubber ring. So far so good. Go to your dealer and show them those pictures

Capture+_2018-04-30-18-08-23.png

Capture+_2018-04-30-18-07-30.png

Capture+_2018-04-30-18-06-54.png
Added some sound deadening material. Now it feels like rolls

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread 20180516_084827_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread IMG-20180516-WA0005

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread IMG-20180516-WA0003

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread 20180516_084817_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread 20180516_091834_HDR

CTRThunder10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
SOLVED, for now.

Hi All,

I know there are a few other threads about this, but I didn't want to highjack anyone. I will post any and all updates here. I hope this helps some one else.

Vehicle: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. Brand new. 410 miles on it.
Symptom: Dash rattle. There is a dash rattle when the vehicle is first started after it has cooled down. The rattle seems more noticeable at ~1800 rpms. It seems to come from the left dash air vent.

Steps taken to Diagnose Issue:

2-19-2017
I can push down the left vent and it stops. I removed the left vent cover. It still rattles. I tried pushing down on various areas such as the duct and hump on the dash in front of the driver. It helps intermittently. I put the vent back on and the right side started to rattle and then stopped.

2-20-2017
I dropped the vehicle off at the dealership. Showed them the video and told the service advisor what I did. He didn't write none of it down.... I called back again to reminded him that it happens at ~1800 rpm's to TRY to make sure my car isn't hot rodded. It should never leave the lot... I am curious to how many miles they tack on.

2-21-2017
Dealer called. They are not able to replicate the noise. But they tacked on 40 miles, even though I told them it only does it when you first pull out when it is cold... Now, I have to go up there tomorrow morning and replicate the noise.

2-21-2017 Evening
I called Honda Corp and opened a case.

2-22-2017
I drove the car with a lead tech. It made the noise, finally... Long story short, I believe he found and fixed the issue. It was the driver's side "A" pillar. It was vibrating at the bottom against the dash. He added some of their foam tape to fix it. So far, so good. I will post any future updates, though I hope I won't have any! :)

Same rattle in my driverside A pillar as well. Foam tape fixed the issue. Though, I am getting a rattle from the driver seat belt height adjuster area as well. That whole assembly was replaced. Any ideas??? It drives me crazy as it is right in my ear when driving.
Sponsored