Master Blaster Air Force

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess this is the best place for this thread (admin feel free to move to a better forum, if needed.)

I've been using a leaf blower to dry my CTR and while it worked okay, it was taking forever & it wasn't getting all the water out of the infinite nooks & crannies of this thing. I'd spend 20 minutes drying it & upon driving, water came running out of all kinds of spots. This may not be a big deal for most folks, but all CBP owners probably feel my pain.

So, against my better judgement, I bought the Master Blaster Air Force car dryer for about $350.00. Very pricey, I know, but let me say that I am very impressed. It has (2) 4HP motors that you can use individually or together if you really want to crank it up. It also warms the air to assist with drying, which I didn't really care about initially, but after using realize how big of a difference this makes.

With both motors going, it pumps out an ungodly amount of air at face blasting speed & focuses the jet in a very narrow stream. It comes with several attachments, if you want to get an even narrower stream of air, but I have not found a use for these yet as the attachment it comes with is perfect.

It comes with a 10' hose, so your shoulders will appreciate not having to hold the motor/blower above your head when getting to the roof.

May not be worth the $ to some, but if you are looking for the best/fastest way to dry your car (without touching it), this may be something to consider.

I do not work for, nor do I get any sort of compensation from this company or any affiliated companies, just wanted to put up a quick post to share, in case any one is interested. Let me know if you have any questions. I can always make a quick vid next time I wash, if anyone is interested, but there are many on YouTube also.
Honda Civic 10th gen Master Blaster Air Force MBAF
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd love to own one of these but have not yet been able to justify the expense. Maybe one day I will come across a deal on one.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
I was wondering - Since I have a 120 gallon air compressor, with air/water separator and filtered air - I wonder if there is an air multiplier type attachment (utilizing the coanda effect) that would work -

Vince126

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 CW Type R, Volt, Lancer Evolution IX (sold)
Country flag
I've been using my 6HP shopvac with the blow function (insert joke here). As long as the car is protected with wax or better yet ceramic coating, the shopvac can do the just just as well since there is very little water left on the car after you do a pooling rinse with a hose.

quick example here on a friends car that I detailed. Obviously this wont work nearly as well if it isnt protected.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really wouldn't recommend using a vacuum with the blower function, unless you're not using it to vacuum. You will very likely be blowing fine dirt and dust onto the surface of your vehicle. I have the master blaster revolution with the 30' hose. If your going to get one I would highly recommend the longer hose as it makes using it much nicer as you really don't need to drag the unit around behind you like you would with the 10' hose. I actually never even pull mine down off the wall. If anyone is interested in one I could probably get you 10-15% off the normal price (on Detailed Image) shipped to your house.

Honda Civic 10th gen Master Blaster Air Force UftfwlQaG1jJWit67od_xB8f_7YgKgJrhmGJOQsmA7cAVTuC6sAH8m-SnS92QfGyPHzBxGO0gB2o0eondYl=w535-h950-no

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
I really wouldn't recommend using a vacuum with the blower function, unless you're not using it to vacuum. You will very likely be blowing fine dirt and dust onto the surface of your vehicle. I have the master blaster revolution with the 30' hose. If your going to get one I would highly recommend the longer hose as it makes using it much nicer as you really don't need to drag the unit around behind you like you would with the 10' hose. I actually never even pull mine down off the wall. If anyone is interested in one I could probably get you 10-15% off the normal price (on Detailed Image) shipped to your house.

UftfwlQaG1jJWit67od_xB8f_7YgKgJrhmGJOQsmA7cAVTuC6sAH8m-SnS92QfGyPHzBxGO0gB2o0eondYl=w535-h950-no.jpg
I'm in the market for one, does this one have the new swivel front wheels? If I can get the 10-15% I'm ready to purchase!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UVUTP2S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2M6ZAOQLOG1QJ&psc=1

Last edited:

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I'm in the market for one, does this one have the new swivel front wheels? If I can get the 10-15% I'm ready to purchase!
In for a deal too!

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update on this. Used the Air Force at my moms house last weekend and made 2 mistakes; didn't take into account how "hard" her water is and tried to use the blower to completely dry the entire car, no wiping at all. This technique left very small water spots all over the car. Not good. Just washed it again this morning at my house with softer water & just used the blower to get most of the water off & out of all the nooks & crannies. Went back over the whole car with a high quality microfiber towel & it is completely spotless (microfiber works better if it is a little moist.)

Highly recommend the micro-fiber towels from Microfiber Madness. The "Crazy Pile" edgeless towel is amazing; pulls water like cotton & is the softest towel I've ever used. Another quick tip; wash all your micro-fiber towels before using them or they will leave lint everywhere. Chemical Guys make a great micro-fiber cleaner for the washing machine.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The master blaster works great if you have a good quality sealant/wax or coating on the vehicle that is very hydrophobic. Another great option is to purchase a CR Spotless system if you don't want to bother with drying you car at all after your finished. I have one of these and use it if I am washing in the middle of the day in strong sunlight, because typically the vehicle is going to dry as your still washing. These are a must have especially if you have hard water that will result in spotting.

Microfiber Madness does make some amazing towels, and Corey (Carpro-US) is a stand up guy and provides top notch customer service. If you are looking for another amazing drying towel, one of the best on the market in my opinion, you should try the Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
If you want to go a cheaper route a simple leaf blower works not too bad to help dry off a car after a wash. Obviously there is no heat though so you have to be more patient.

Last edited:

Vince126

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 CW Type R, Volt, Lancer Evolution IX (sold)
Country flag
If you want to go a cheaper route a simple leaf blower works not too bad to help dry off a car after a wash. Obviously there is not heat thug so you have to be more patient.
Agreed, I find myself using my leaf blower more often since it was much easier to haul around than a shopvac.

As for the fine dust with the shop vac, I haven't notice any fine dust since the filter is quite new and I tend to empty it out after use.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I use the leaf blower as I can take it with me in the trunk and go somewhere less residential to do the drying. I'm often washing my car before 7am.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's always best to wash early in the morning or just before dark. A leaf blower will work just fine, however it will not offer nearly as much air movement nor will it be warm filtered air. If I didn't have a fixed location where I wash everything, I would likely use a my EGO blower from Home Depot.

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R, '92 NSX, 97/99 EK, 07 TL-S, 90 CRX, 02 Civic EX
Country flag
Same here, using electric leaf blower... old B&D something or other, been using it for years to do this and the R benefits tremendously from this approach. It really works magic on wheels which are a pain in the a++ to dry. Follow up with some microfiber towels and all is well.
Sponsored