htgenki

First Name
HT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Hi guys. Im new here and Ive discovered k.con climbing after reving 5300rpm+ (dual 21psi map, 91 oct fuel)

A stupid question that, can we limit the rev limit to 5300 as above it might cause k.con to increase and create loads to engine?
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
It's easier to just disable the artificial k.con rise in ktuner. What you mean to do is retune the CVT to not hit higher RPM than 5200. You could easily limit the revs to 5200 but you will be hitting the revlimiter all the time as the cvt is aiming at higher revs, probably ending in a fault code.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There are many threads discussing the programmed default knock control rise on the Non-Si models. There is a disable for this in the software.

Kytos is correct you'll hit the limiter all the time since the CVT won't shift early.

OP
OP

htgenki

First Name
HT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
There are many threads discussing the programmed default knock control rise on the Non-Si models. There is a disable for this in the software.

Kytos is correct you'll hit the limiter all the time since the CVT won't shift early.
It's easier to just disable the artificial k.con rise in ktuner. What you mean to do is retune the CVT to not hit higher RPM than 5200. You could easily limit the revs to 5200 but you will be hitting the revlimiter all the time as the cvt is aiming at higher revs, probably ending in a fault code.
Well thank you gentlemen. I've got the "eliminate artificial k.con rise" checked within the tune. Hopefully this act will not makes me regret.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Well thank you gentlemen. I've got the "eliminate artificial k.con rise" checked within the tune. Hopefully this act will not makes me regret.
As long as you use high quality, high octane gas you'll have no regrets.

Don't forget to add your car to my tuning reliability thread (link is in my signature).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
htgenki, let me explain the high knock control you are seeing above 5200 rpm.

Knock control is designed to protect the engine (most often from the use of poor quality low octane gas). Honda set up k.c. on non-Si models like you have with an artificial bump in k.c. anytime rpm's go above 5,200. They did it in an effort to be extra protective of engine internals.

The problem is, this artificial bump causes a reduction in timing and reduced power output. Not good. By removing that artificial rise you can have repeatable high rpm pulls without the annoyance of lost power. Just use good gas.
Sponsored