Akscarface

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si coupe 2019
Country flag
I really want to get a tune on the car, but I’m also worried about warranty. Is it possible to tune the car, and then if anything happens, redownload the stock tune onto the car preventing the dealership from finding out ?
Sponsored

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Plenty of topics on the subject saying that yes they indeed can find if they look for it that you've flashed the car.
Now, I've been to the dealership at least 5-6 times since I got the car tuned and I never got any comments on having a tune on the car or having flashed the car multiple times.. I would say it depends on the dealership... I also went with the tune on the car and never flashed back to stock, just let it on MAP 1 so the car has factory boost levels...
At the end of the day you need to decide if you want to risk it or not (Warranty)

OP
OP

Akscarface

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si coupe 2019
Country flag
fair enough. I thought that there would be a way to hide the fact that I’ve flashed a tune on my car and flashed it back to stock. I did buy the extended warranty so I guess it’s just going to be an intake and exhaust since those don’t really void anything. If you buy any chance know, would installing a catted Downpipe (street) require a tune or no?

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
fair enough. I thought that there would be a way to hide the fact that I’ve flashed a tune on my car and flashed it back to stock. I did buy the extended warranty so I guess it’s just going to be an intake and exhaust since those don’t really void anything. If you buy any chance know, would installing a catted Downpipe (street) require a tune or no?
Tune is not necessary, but highly recommended with an aftermarket downpipe.
Some if not all aftermarket downpipes will throw a CEL though because of the increase in airflow, and the only way to disable it permanently is with a tuning device (KTuner)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Or you could installed a chipped tune that involves installing an external computer to your engine. Your dealer will never know you have tune unless you come in with the chipped tune attached. Don't have any experience with them and not sure how well they work.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Those "chips" or piggyback systems don't come close to what an ECU tune can do.

And the truth is, if you're just taking in your car for routine maintenance or non-drivetrain related warranty work, a dealer isn't checking to see if you're tuned.

I think the decision to tune comes down to one decision. Is is the incredibly better driveability and fun factor worth the potential warranty risk?

Here's a thread that some of you may find interesting:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/
Sponsored