Sponsored

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Can I daily the civic with the tune and travel 8 hours trip with it
I mean I daily my car 50miles a day to and from work I don’t always use the tune because of how it rapes your mpg but I wouldn’t trip

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I been stock on tsp tune stage 1 for about 24k+ miles and have a 2019. As soon as I get in my car it's sport mode map 3 and I drive about 55miles one way to work and I have to say I love it. Clutch is just fine, the power is there when I need it. I don't drive like I'm crazy but I do have fun when I can and I avg about 32 to 33 mpg. I'm just now having problems with the ktuner. I get random ECU recovery when I drive but I contacted ktuner and they said I might have a bad cord. It was used ktuner and the cord does look worn. But other than that get the tune IMO. Just drive like you know what you're doing and to save mpg stay out of boost.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yup, I stay in Map 3. I'm waiting on getting a new clutch before I go over 20 PSI, but I often just kind of drive normally, and put in the power when I want to or need to.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, you have to understand how tuning works. Sure, you get a lot more peak power but you also get driveability improvements like better throttle response and no rev hang, for example. Basically, a tuned car will just feel like a better version of the stock tune when driven at light throttle.

It's when you really put your foot in it that the magic happens and your gas mileage plummets. ;)

So, on that long highway trip you'll be fine. Matter of fact, your mileage will be very close to stock levels.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Everything gtman just said. I just did a 120 mile cruise yesterday. Ktuner map 2, almost all interstate. According to my info center that leg yielded me an avg mpg of 42.5. Unless your pushing it, the car drives the same.
Sponsored