Is there something you would change about your Civic?

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front LED turn signal is fabulous. Would like to see the rear turn signal and brake lights as visable.
Sponsored

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Amber side markers on North American models.
Wheels on EX-T, ugliest I've seen on a modern car

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Wheels on EX-T, ugliest I've seen on a modern car
lol I don't know why people hate the EX-T/EX-L rims so much. They are unique looking and not in a bad way. It's a personal preference, of course.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
they also weigh 27 pounds. However, I did read somewhere they reduce the coefficient of drag by 4%

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Although I do like my Civic very much, there is one thing in my EX-L that I think is a bit strange and that is the very low passenger seat: I have never been in a car (other than very low sports car) with such a low seat. I suppose it is to allow for greater headroom and legroom. Feels like sitting on the floor almost! I know the Touring has an adjustable passenger side which would be nice.

I guess the only other thing is the hump in the middle of the floor in the back seat but I guess to lower the car, that needed to happen.
I love the low seats, this is why I don't like the newer Accords, they have graduated into a Buick like driving position over the years. The hump should have no reason to be there in a properly designed package, I hate that. I have a few other pet peeves.

1. Blinkers go crazy and blink three times when you accidentally nudge them. Trying to turn them off just induces blinking in the other direction. It actually took me a while to figure out the three blink thing and just live with it.

2. The back button on the infotainment screen doesn't work correctly most of the time

3. The low fuel warning blocks your dash info screen every time you start up, being as I can go 150 miles on low it gets annoying.

4. You cannot kill the engine and put the car in ACC mode in park, you either have to shut down and then start ACC or use N

5. This is the only car that I have ever owned that doesn't remember your cruise control settings when you restart the car. I have to get up to speed and hit set every time instead of just using resume after I stop for gas etc..,

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
The 1 big change is to give the US versions of the car to have Stop/Start, or at least an option for it (I know China for example has that). I really really wanted that feature!! :)

Other than that, I hate the stock tires. Just garbage. The windshield wipers aren't great either so I'll be getting some aftermarket ones. I do love my EX-T wheels though, unlike some others! Not many other changes that I can think of.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I hated the EX-L and T wheels in the press pictures and loved the Touring's, but in person I much prefer the EX-t's. The tourings look like cheap American Racing black outs from Autozone circa 1995, as do the EX-T's. I just think the flying J's go real well with the creases and curves of the car, while the Touring's look too close to nicer wheels while falling short.

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I hated the EX-L and T wheels in the press pictures and loved the Touring's, but in person I much prefer the EX-t's. The tourings look like cheap American Racing black outs from Autozone circa 1995, as do the EX-T's. I just think the flying J's go real well with the creases and curves of the car, while the Touring's look too close to nicer wheels while falling short.
One of the things I like about the EX-T wheels is I would assume they are more efficient due to the design, which would reduce drag. Plus I do think they look cool haha

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know what the drag coefficient of the whole car is?

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
The area they have designated to put your phone, doesn't hold my iphone very well, it slides around and just simply doesn't fit in there nicely. So I put the phone in the cup holder. I rarely use cup holders to hold cups/food. When you slide the armrest backwards then forwards it traps the phone cable in between the movable armrest and the console.

The only acceptable wheels to me are the Si /Sport models. All others look like junk to me. The Sport wheel and tire combo is 56 pounds, that's too heavy. The Type R wheel/tire is 2 inches bigger and is about 10 pounds lighter.

I cannot seem to get the steering wheel in a "perfect position".... there is never enough adjustment. Feels like it is made for a shorter sized person. And of course the wheel blocks the dash visibility. I would have liked a thicker steering wheel.

It feels like there is no real feedback through the steering wheel, so the fact that they made the Sport model harder to steer, just simply makes it harder to steer........without gaining any feedback. Steering is isolated in it's feel. Why can't I make an adjustment to how much the motor assists? Just make the wheel easier to turn if I'm not gaining any "feel/feedback." And go screw yourself if you ever need to pay for a new steering rack.

The seat is just odd to me. The Sport seat pushes my shoulders out from the seat (too narrow), but it's not bolstered enough in the midsection, and the bottom cushion is flat and not bolstered enough to stop me from sliding left to right. The bottom bolsters are at the perfect height to just dig into the side of my thigh and make my leg go numb. It's not tall enough to hold me and not small enough to let my leg comfortable rest on top of it...it just digs in. It is lacking in adjustment, lumbar support is definitely lacking for me. I ended up getting so irritated with the seat that I put a 2017 Si seat in the car.

The materials of the armrests are horrible, they are scratchy and too thin. If you rub your arm across it, it kind of leaves your skin on it. I would like to see at least 3/8" to 1/2" foam under them as well.

The car holds water in the most irritating ways. Wash your car and don't drive it,......wait 3 days and go back to it (76 degrees out). Days later the rear hatch urethane panel is still weeping water and muck out onto your clean bumper. Open the hatch and watch the water release from that panel and drain down onto the car and splash you. Open the doors and watch water drain out from the lower door seals, if you want go ahead and pull on the seal to let the water drain out faster.......but it will keep weeping out over time...... all over your clean sills or shoes if the door is open. Get underneath it and do an oil change, be careful when you touch the plastic panels because as soon as you do water comes out of the edges of them onto you.

I notice this in this car more than any other, you are seated offset to the center it feels. Sit in the seat, close your eyes, put your arms down against the side bolsters of the seat with your elbows against your side. Then slowly move your elbows out to find the armrests. The center console is very close to you, but the door armrest feels miles away to me. I feel like I have to lean towards the door to get balanced back out.

In all of my Honda's, I wish the rear view mirror was about an inch wider. They just never seem to give me a comfortable amount of width.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^^ I agree with the fabric on the center console and arm rests the doors. VERY thin.... Gets "dirty" look by just resting arm on it. I bought some fabric shampoo from Chemical Guys and I just use it on those areas every time I give my whip a wash. This is a good fabric for the LX, but I think the next models up should have an upgrade to the fabric.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Replace LaneWatch with Blind Spot Indicator!

To the crazy person wanting stop/start - hell to the no - worse feature ever! If you want power generation only when you need it - buy an electric car instead.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
"-LED turn signal standard"

Don't see any value in having LED turn signals unless they're a lot brighter and easier to see.

I had my last Honda for 14 years and 209K miles and the OE turn signal bulbs were still going strong.

Turn signals are very low usage bulbs and I see no value for LEDs here.

Can't blame Honda for saving money in this application.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
"Panel gaps."

Gaps are very generous on my LX. Although functionally it's probably not important.

Armrest material is coarse in appearance although it may be rugged and may wear well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I really dislike the refresh rate of the speedometer on my sport 6mt, I would have quite frankly preferred a real time refresh rate or have just had the speedo be analog, also would like the backup cam to be available in all gears. The stock sport wheels are incredibly heavy, I want to sell them and get some much lighter ones, and some grippier rubber. I feel like the rear cover for the spare area needs to be secured better because it flaps on some bumps when the rear seats are folded down, also a more secure spare jack storage solution.
Sponsored