First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
what is this?
Ceramic Coating. Protects paint like wax, but it is harder and provides better protection for a longer period of time. Usually costs $1000+ for 1-3 years of protection.
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Ceramic Coating. Protects paint like wax, but it is harder and provides better protection for a longer period of time. Usually costs $1000+ for 1-3 years of protection.
:thumbsdown:

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
what is this?
CQuartz is a ceramic nano coating for paint. A friend of mine runs a high-end detail shop (detailokc.com) that specializes in paint correction and protection, he installs it. Also makes it super easy to keep clean.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have a 2019 si with 600 miles. I know I will probably get biased opinions here but I wanted to get everyone’s take - is performance modifying the SI is worth it?

In particular ktuner /tsp, cobra, fx350, flex fuel, dp, fp = $3,500 + with a mix of DIY and having a shop install. Would you do it again?

This doesn’t even touch turbo, exhaust, intercooler, rims, lowering springs - another 5k installed (guess).

I see a number of posts about selling the SI and parting out. It seems like a huge hassle to put everything on and take it off a few years later.

The SI is a great fun car that is reliable and will hold its value quite well. On the other hand an older model c63, m3, s3 would be much faster to begin with but would cost $35-40k for a used model with 50k miles.

My situation may be different from others as I work from home, do not commute and drive 7k or less a year. I also have 3 kids so the CTR is out.
I'm keeping mine 100 percent stock. For me it's fast enough, good for commuting and traveling, as well as the occasional canyon carving. I have taken 5 trips between Northern and Southern California (360 miles each way) and it handles passing and steep inclines like a champ. Plus if live in California like me, a lot of mods will not be possibly legal

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
i definitely notice a difference in the way it pulls with more than one passenger in the car
Yup, the most I'll have on rare occasion is one slim passenger. Once gave a joyride to a fat friend and his 2 kids in the car and it handled like hell and stalled at a light. Definitely not a family car

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yup, the most I'll have on rare occasion is one slim passenger. Once gave a joyride to a fat friend and his 2 kids in the car and it handled like hell and stalled at a light. Definitely not a family car
i have a rule for my car: no fat passengers allowed. its bogs performance too much

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i like your style. unfortunately that doesnt work well in Texas we all fat.
unfortunately true, especially in houston.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have a rule for my car: no fat passengers allowed. its bogs performance too much
And they would also stretch out your bolstered seats...lol. Yeah the 1.5 motor is alright, but lugging around an extra 250lbs in the passenger seat is not what I want in this car

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
And they would also stretch out your bolstered seats...lol. Yeah the 1.5 motor is alright, but lugging around an extra 250lbs in the passenger seat is not what I want in this car
very true to keep those bolsters preserved as well. this vehicle is definitely meant to maintain its power to weight ratio to experience its full potential

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
very true to keep those bolsters preserved as well. this vehicle is definitely meant to maintain its power to weight ratio to experience its full potential
I even removed my spare wheel, and absolutely no junk anywhere in the car...lighty lighty tidy tidy. I have a trip to the Philippines next month, and guaranteed, just like before, I'll be shedding about 20lbs of fat there too. So this spring I'll have even better power/weight in the Si and my good shorts will fit again too...lol:)

Last edited:

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
I have a 2019 si with 600 miles. I know I will probably get biased opinions here but I wanted to get everyone’s take - is performance modifying the SI is worth it?

In particular ktuner /tsp, cobra, fx350, flex fuel, dp, fp = $3,500 + with a mix of DIY and having a shop install. Would you do it again?

This doesn’t even touch turbo, exhaust, intercooler, rims, lowering springs - another 5k installed (guess).

I see a number of posts about selling the SI and parting out. It seems like a huge hassle to put everything on and take it off a few years later.

The SI is a great fun car that is reliable and will hold its value quite well. On the other hand an older model c63, m3, s3 would be much faster to begin with but would cost $35-40k for a used model with 50k miles.

My situation may be different from others as I work from home, do not commute and drive 7k or less a year. I also have 3 kids so the CTR is out.
Well, what is it that you're hoping to get out of your Si? Just daily driving, or do you want to autoX or track it? How long do you plan to keep it?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Thanks, I actually already own a 2019 Si sedan and looking to determine if I mod this or trade it in for something else. I will probably give it more time then get a ktuner, but it ends up being a slippery slope with the TSP tune and then clutch.
If you don't abuse it, the clutch should last. I'm at over 18k miles with the TSP tune and my clutch is holding up fine. Make power in non overdriven gears and it should last.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, I actually already own a 2019 Si sedan and looking to determine if I mod this or trade it in for something else. I will probably give it more time then get a ktuner, but it ends up being a slippery slope with the TSP tune and then clutch.
You just bought the car. Let it breathe, unless you just like losing money. If you wanted more power (don’t we all) the time to decide that was before you bought the car. KTuner does a lot. That plus Cobra should tide you over for awhile. Don’t abuse the clutch or go crazy with the tuning and you can put off a clutch job for awhile.
Sponsored