whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
So I've been contemplating getting Hondata and running a basemap on my otherwise stock (prl hvi exception) car

Is it something I can load it and drive hassle/worry free 99% of the time? I don't want to be stuck always having to review datalogs and wondering if the car is running right (sorry i'm new to this). I was going to hold out until my engine warranty was up since I do drive my car a little hard and I do intend to start lapping for the first time this year

Follow up question - Would running a basemap be problematic for track use? Would the car over heat much quicker than it already does? Anyone here can vouch for beating on their tuned ctr no issues? I was thinking to flash back to a stock tune for track days just to give the engine a "break" but I'm not sure how reliable these engines are after being tuned....Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Unless you want to datalog, you flash the tune and then you can’t basically store the tuner in your closet. Set and forget. Would probably flash back to stock if you were having some major mechanical work done at the dealer. Otherwise, you never have to see the unit again until you sell the car.

OP
OP

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Unless you want to datalog, you flash the tune and then you can’t basically store the tuner in your closet. Set and forget. Would probably flash back to stock if you were having some major mechanical work done at the dealer. Otherwise, you never have to see the unit again until you sell the car.
So the flashpro unit does not have to remain plugged into ur obd port (after tune is loaded)?

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Would probably flash back to stock if you were having some major mechanical work done at the dealer.
Once it has been flashed, considered the powertrain warranty pretty much voided. Honda is requesting snapshot data for major claims, like engine damage, from there the engineering department can see when the vehicle has been flashed and returned to the stock basemap and just denies the claim. We have been running into this a lot with the 1.5T Si and 1.5T hatchbacks.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hondata basemaps can be quite agressive / run lean. It can make more power or be more efficient but this is bad for coolant temps. This will cause the car to overheat much quicker on track. I’d highly recommend getting a custom tune by a reputable tuner for the best results

OP
OP

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Hondata basemaps can be quite agressive / run lean. It can make more power or be more efficient but this is bad for coolant temps. This will cause the car to overheat much quicker on track. I’d highly recommend getting a custom tune by a reputable tuner for the best results

What about my idea for running stock tune when it comes to the track? Id really only want the tune for some bump in my daily fun/highway acceleration
Sponsored