Interior lights not working after audio install

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Can anyone give me input on why none of my interior lights are working in my FK8? Interior lights as in vanity lights, map lights, dome lights, trunk lights, and glove box light. Not much has been done to the car. Speakers and amp install from a local professional are the only thing I can think of. Checked fuses and they looked good, possibly may have missed a fuse but I am sure I looked at all relevant ones. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
OP
OP
Jaferm

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Unfortunately the cause is usually a bad install blowing the BCM ($$$$).
I am not educated on this topic enough, but if the BCM is blown wouldn't more things be inoperable? It's just the interior lights which isn't the end of the world but gets annoying at times.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Search the site - the common thread is interior and trunk lights no longer work; most due to messing with the sound system. Perhaps others will chime in when they read the post.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I am not educated on this topic enough, but if the BCM is blown wouldn't more things be inoperable? It's just the interior lights which isn't the end of the world but gets annoying at times.
Most likely the fuse or the relay. Or they could have knock some connectors loose too. But just follow the schematic to find the fuse and relay and see if they're still working. That should be your first steps.

Should be under hood fuse A21 https://github.com/JW0914/Wikis/blo... CTR/Electrical/FuseBox/UH Fuse Relay Box.pdf

Not sure where the relay is, but all the schematic should be there in the link I provided.

Last edited: