BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I had the dealer replace my steering wheel recently because the threading was splitting in some areas. They didn’t replace the controls as those were fine. I noticed yesterday though that when pushing the cruise button, the “cruise main” light comes on the dash, but when I press set nothing happens. Is there anything I can do to try to diagnose this? Or will the steering wheel have to come off again? Trying to avoid taking it to the dealer unless the wheel has to come off again.
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
You can try removing the controls and seeing if you can find where the technician forgot to connect something, or didn't connect it fully. I suspect there are two sets of connectors, one at the wheel/saft interface and one at the wheel/control interface. You can probably only get to one without removing the wheel.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
You can try removing the controls and seeing if you can find where the technician forgot to connect something, or didn't connect it fully. I suspect there are two sets of connectors, one at the wheel/saft interface and one at the wheel/control interface. You can probably only get to one without removing the wheel.
Thanks for reply. Do you know how to remove the controls you mentioned ?