Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Hey folks, so for those not aware we are a Powerflex suspension dealer. If you're not familiar they make some very nice quality suspension bushings. They currently offer an anti lift kit for the Type R but we've talked with them about offering an ALK for the non Type Rs as well and they are moving forward with developing it. We're trying to figure out if it's worth stocking them, demand will influence where it lands on their development list as well as how many we keep stocked.

Price would be similar to their Type R ALK and I'm under the impression they would offer it with 2 different bushing stiffnesses like the Type R kit.

Let us know your thoughts and interest please!

Honda Civic 10th gen Interest Thread for Powerflex ALK alk
Sponsored

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm interested, and will definitely be doing both the ALK and the front compliance bushing at the same time when the time comes (since you have to really fight to get the compliance bushing out), so I think it makes a lot of sense to offer both.

And I would probably just buy a complete control arm kit a. la. whiteline KTA288 if WR ever offers an upgraded arm and/or roll center correction ball joints.

If it's something that you offer and stand by, that's high praise in my book 👍

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I put myself back through anti-lift kit school earlier today after looking through a different thread, started researching the whiteline kit as a possible destination for my future upgrade wanderings, noticed that there is a single whiteline part that is marketed for both Type-R and non-R, and then I remembered this thread.

Is there something sub-optimal about a Type-R ALK that Powerflex might consider addressing with a non-R ALK?

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I put myself back through anti-lift kit school earlier today after looking through a different thread, started researching the whiteline kit as a possible destination for my future upgrade wanderings, noticed that there is a single whiteline part that is marketed for both Type-R and non-R, and then I remembered this thread.

Is there something sub-optimal about a Type-R ALK that Powerflex might consider addressing with a non-R ALK?
I'm expecting them to take the same route as Whiteline and have a different inner bushing for the non Type R ALK. The metal lollipop/bushing housing is the same part from the factory between the CTR and non CTR.

The one thing I'm unsure of is how stiff the Whiteline bushings are. I'm expecting PF to offer 2 stiffness options for the non CTR ALK like they have for the CTR ALK. I haven't heard from them on this for quite some time so it's probably a good time to ping them again to see if it's made any progress.

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Long time no update, I just received word from Powerflex that this will be available soon! We have some coming in and I'll be sure to share when they arrive!

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX 6 speed manual.
Country flag
It's finally here! These just hit the US shore, at the moment only the street stiffness is available, we're expecting the race stiffness to be available sometime next month according to Powerflex.

We'll be doing a few videos covering these and the install process too. Let me know if you have any questions :)

https://www.wunderladenracing.com/c...ft-kit-non-type-r?_pos=2&_fid=7ab89d7fc&_ss=c
Will order these once I pay off other car parts that were financed. If it helps with better drivability then I’m all open arms to acquiring these. Still looking forward to the engine mounts for the c2 as well!

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
If anyone gets to try both these and Whiteline I'm interested. Going to get the ALK and control arm bushing next year and curious to know the difference between both and why there's a 200$ difference too. I can see powerflex has two different bushings with the ALK so it much help make it stiffer with less nvh, but is it worth the extra cost or is it just paying for a company name?

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Will order these once I pay off other car parts that were financed. If it helps with better drivability then I’m all open arms to acquiring these. Still looking forward to the engine mounts for the c2 as well!
These help a lot with sharpening turn in since they add a bit of caster and more crucially the control arm isn't flopping around causing the wheel alignment to change as the car turns under load. Mounts are coming along too! The C2 and Type R mounts will likely be a mid-late summer release.

If anyone gets to try both these and Whiteline I'm interested. Going to get the ALK and control arm bushing next year and curious to know the difference between both and why there's a 200$ difference too. I can see powerflex has two different bushings with the ALK so it much help make it stiffer with less nvh, but is it worth the extra cost or is it just paying for a company name?
I haven't had them side by side but I think I'll order up a set of the Whitelines for comparison sake since I've had around a half dozen people ask me this now. I have had a fair amount of experience with various products from both companies over the years and I would say the price difference is mainly due to two things: quality and warranty. Whiteline's quality doesn't seem to be what it used to be and I've seen a fair amount of ill fitting parts and premature failures from them in more recent years. Powerflex is generally very good about quality control and I've yet to see something not fit right. The Powerflex stuff also carries a lifetime warranty, so even if you've had them for 150k+ miles and the bushings get worn out, they will still replace them under warranty.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was actually going to buy the hardrace ones because I never been for poly bushings at all.But If this works as wel as there RMM insert then I might need to get this.
How do these work over long periods of time,do they need grease or regreasing ?
Can't wait to see the first reviews.

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I was actually going to buy the hardrace ones because I never been for poly bushings at all.But If this works as wel as there RMM insert then I might need to get this.
How do these work over long periods of time,do they need grease or regreasing ?
Can't wait to see the first reviews.
They do use a grease like most poly bushings but it does a good job of holding onto it so regreasing isn't a regular maintenance item.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I already have the Whiteline LCA's and ALK. Do y'all think the Powerflex bushings will be able to replace the Whiteline LCA and compliance bushings when the time comes?

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I already have the Whiteline LCA's and ALK. Do y'all think the Powerflex bushings will be able to replace the Whiteline LCA and compliance bushings when the time comes?
My hunch says no since the brackets would need to have the same hole size, but it's not impossible.
Sponsored