First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen i hate winter! 20190227_181438
Here's what I ended up with thanks to the tractor plowing my work parking lot. She's at the doc as I type.
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You could be sitting under a palm tree in the winter down here but when the summer comes you’ll be under an umbrella well at least a strong one it rains a lot in the summer in Florida and brutally hot but it still beats the snow I lived in New York for 46 years
I tell people I'd rather run between air conditioned buildings in the summer than heated buildings in the winter.

My daughter lives in FL and I don 't usually visit her during the summer. I'd like to move to NC, sort of in between IL and FL temperature wise.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No way I could live up north (I am in the south) it is 22 degrees this morning here and I am bitching the entire time. It could be I was in Tampa this past weekend where it was 80 everyday that probably has something to do with it XD. As far as snow/ice fuck that noise I do not want to see that shit ever...

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hating winter this year! I don't know what it is but it's the worst winter with my car. Little accident and had to replace the bumper, grill and headlight. Hit a pothole and scrapped a wheel. Got some scratches on the driver side door, think it was with a shovel.

Car looks good in the snow though lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen i hate winter! 20190304_060910

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. My si only has 5,000 miles on it and I already had to replace my drivers side fog light because it was shattered by either salt or a cinder. I was so pissed.
Get the Lamin-X film for the fogs, super cheap and helps prevent those type of incidents and if your not into colors they have clear as well. Easy install too.

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Disgusting.:puke:
The warmer it gets the more wet this salt on the car will be. Even at moderately freezing temperatures it can become wet from humid air and cause quite rapid corrosion.
So it should be rinsed thoroughly once it's washed, because just superficial rinsing will only provide water for faster corrosion in all crevices..
I usually have a routine of washing it at least every 2 weeks even in winter and its less for keeping it clean and more to get that harsh salt substance and build up off as that definitely can corrode things over time.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've lived in MI my whole life and can't take the winters anymore. When I went to work and it was -20 recently, my face was burning from the wind chill at 6am. Later this year I may have the opportunity to move down to Greenville, South Carolina. I realize there's pros/cons, but I would like the milder winters there. I'm at the point I'd rather deal with heat and humidity than extreme cold, and trying not to slip and fall, or crash my car in icy conditions. Anyone here live in the Carolina's?

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Get the Lamin-X film for the fogs, super cheap and helps prevent those type of incidents and if your not into colors they have clear as well. Easy install too.
Already got the yellow ones, just gotta put them on

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Already got the yellow ones, just gotta put them on
Got the yellows too and in winter and poor conditions I find the yellow contrast definitely helps a bit with visibility. After I coupled with LED fog light bulbs the light output as well is ridiculous couldn't be happier.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Got the yellows too and in winter and poor conditions I find the yellow contrast definitely helps a bit with visibility. After I coupled with LED fog light bulbs the light output as well is ridiculous couldn't be happier.
Nice I’m glad to hear it. Maybe I’ll put them on tomorrow

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was in Chicago for work during the winter a couple years ago. Here's how I felt....

Honda Civic 10th gen i hate winter! kick-old-man-winter

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
62" in the last 7 days here in Breckenridge. I have 3 awd vehicles but I've been driving the civic every day haha.

Honda Civic 10th gen i hate winter! 20190307_085823

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
If it stays so cold that salt won't even melt the snow then it's a great time for a car wash as long as you have a warm place to let it dry. My car stayed car wash fresh for almost a month as the temperature stayed around -25. No wet roads and frozen body panels means nothing will stick to your car. Unfortunately that means tires have a tough time sticking to the road. All that said I don't like winter at all, summer forever!
The only problem with Florida is tires and batteries don’t last long the summer it rains two or three times a day and lovebugs but with that said it’s great down here and I don’t miss New York
Sponsored