I hate the starting sound

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
At first, I thought the starter on the 2.0 sounded like a crap GM Ecotec motor, but after a closer listen, it still has that classic Honda start that's just very subtle and quiet. I miss the old starter sound that you could tell it was a Honda a mile away:

1:17 mark
That "signature" starting sound Hondas used to make is because they have a gear reduction starter. I too love that sound, classic Honda!
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Horn? You call that a horn? Seriously that bleep bleep horn is bad enough to be considered a safety hazard. Just another safety area Honda seems to go cheap on (the other bring brakes barely keeping up causing warped rotors).
See, that's just it. It's not loud enough for people to hear you. I honked the other day at someone who was about to back up into my front end. I had to put it into reverse and slam the gas to get out of the way since he didn't hear me.

My brakes however are running like new and I've put on over 20,000 km already. Then again, I do highway driving 90% of the time. That won't be the case once I move closer to the city in a couple months.