First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This what I'm worried of...doubt I'll ever try this. Hope you work this out
Hondata should sell a little screen device like ktuner. Reading the Honda hack instructions and it says you need your car connected to your WiFi. My apartment is like a bomb shelter no signals in or out. I'd have to go to my parents house and jump on theirs.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata should sell a little screen device like ktuner. Reading the Honda hack instructions and it says you need your car connected to your WiFi. My apartment is like a bomb shelter no signals in or out. I'd have to go to my parents house and jump on theirs.
Yeah that's why I just use my phone. Screen is probably bigger than ktuners and I have a mount for it...when in use it which isnt much

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that's why I just use my phone. Screen is probably bigger than ktuners and I have a mount for it...when in use it which isnt much
Hah I'm on a galaxy s5 that's on its last legs, but when I upgrade I think I'll just do that since my dash wants to be uncooperative.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm about to lose my shit. Trying to change the USB device mode and run the root. I got to the 2 white boxes before, but honda hack didn't work. Go out to give it another go after I turn off all antivirus and firewalls, pressing brightness, phone, audio/volume buttons (2019 Type R) all at once won't work anymore. I just spent close to an hour repeatedly pressing the required buttons in the developer screen. All at once, in different orders.... nothing. This is horse shit.
I payed the 25 bucks for honda hack pro and had my 2019 done in about 5 mins, not sure what your having issues with.

Do you have a hotspot on your phone or go to like starbucks or something and get on there free wifi.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm about to lose my shit. Trying to change the USB device mode and run the root. I got to the 2 white boxes before, but honda hack didn't work. Go out to give it another go after I turn off all antivirus and firewalls, pressing brightness, phone, audio/volume buttons (2019 Type R) all at once won't work anymore. I just spent close to an hour repeatedly pressing the required buttons in the developer screen. All at once, in different orders.... nothing. This is horse shit.

Never mind, I'm a moron, I was holding down an extra button that's why the screen wouldn't come up haha. I just bought Honda Hack to make it easier, plus be able to auto launch it.

On my way home earlier the infotainment system kept crashing and rebooting repeatedly which was a little disconcerting. Let the car sit for a bit and went for a drive and it seemed to work fine then, fingers crossed.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So the infotainment system just kept crashing and crashing. I managed to have it up running long enough to be able to factory reset it. That was $25 wasted. I might do it later on the long way without honda hackup your shit program

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So the infotainment system just kept crashing and crashing. I managed to have it up running long enough to be able to factory reset it. That was $25 wasted. I might do it later on the long way without honda hackup your shit program
You either did something wrong or were trying to run apps that were never designed to run on the head unit. If you were doing honda hack and just running the hondata app then you should have no problems. Where people start having problems is when they install crap that the head unit doesn't have the power or ram to run like google play services or streaming apps.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You either did something wrong or were trying to run apps that were never designed to run on the head unit. If you were doing honda hack and just running the hondata app then you should have no problems. Where people start having problems is when they install crap that the head unit doesn't have the power or ram to run like google play services or streaming apps.
Nope, just installed hondata from my flash drive

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will the module communicate with the electronic braking system? Would be nice to be able to get the Hondata to put the rear brakes in Maintenance Mode like the HDS to swap out rear pads. Lots of track time = rear pads every 3/5 track days.

We are in the process of updating our iOS and Android apps. However, the new android app needs Google Play to work, which is difficult to do on the vehicle radio.

So we have released our legacy Android app at the current state of development for use with the vehicle entertainment system. It will not be happy on phones / tablets, especially in portrait mode, but works well on the 10th gen dash.

Changes over 1.3
  • Automatically connects to the FlashPro (once paired)
  • Shift lights
  • Menu button for setting
  • Clearer screen layout
  • Supports future new channels
  • Better layout
http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21545

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Any plans to update this app? I love the way I have tunerview customized on my head unit. It looks way cleaner than any pictures I've seen of Hondata Mobile. Perhaps Hondata Mobile is customizable and I just can't find any photos or videos of it online?

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
i have honda hack but can't link the flashpro any help?
Are you having issues linking them inside the normal screen where you would add a phone? If so, I believe the default flash pro pairing code is 1234 while the car might be on 0000

SpsTech

@phoenix_fk8
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Are you having issues linking them inside the normal screen where you would add a phone? If so, I believe the default flash pro pairing code is 1234 while the car might be on 0000
nice i will try and change it thanks

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Has anyone been able to install this on a 2019 without spending $25? I managed to find the developer password on Reddit but can’t get through the rest of the steps

Bettyfk8

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 fk8
Country flag
Please help. Did Honda hack, downloaded hondata on head unit. Paired FlashPro with car. Clicked on FlashPro app, then lighting bolt... says “connecting” but won’t. I dont understand is paired to my car but for some reason when I open app it won’t connect... any ideas? Small town Alabama....no help.
Sponsored