dskillz99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hello! I am fairly new to modifications/customs, but am getting into it now. I have a 2017 Civic EX and I was wondering what my best option is for adding a BIT extra sound to my exhaust. I don’t need anything crazy loud and would prefer nothing too expensive either. What do you think my best bet is?
thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello! I am fairly new to modifications/customs, but am getting into it now. I have a 2017 Civic EX and I was wondering what my best option is for adding a BIT extra sound to my exhaust. I don’t need anything crazy loud and would prefer nothing too expensive either. What do you think my best bet is?
thanks!
Depends on what you want. Raw db? Do muffler delete and keep resonator. Better sound but not as loud? Delete resonator and keep mufflers. Upgrading to a catted downpipe can help a lot if you want to keep mufflers and delete resonator. I'm personally running no resonator or mufflers on my EX hatch since there are very few decent options for exhausts for this model, and while it drones a bit for $300 I can't complain.

You can also look up EX model Civic exhausts and try those, or buy a Vibrant Ultra quiet resonator or Flowmaster DBX muffler too. Best thing to do is look up on YouTube different style exhausts and listen.

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Muffler delete, I would probably look into doing it yourself or find a friend who knows how to weld. People seem to rip way too much money for a job that doesn't even get you a new exhaust or good welds. I'd say if a delete costs you under $150 you're doing something right. If it's shitty welding, I feel people should contest the price. Hey, maybe I'm just cheap like that.
Sponsored