How often do you fill your tank?

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I get about 300 miles per tank. I drive 60+ miles a day. Maybe twice a week. For some reason before getting my new tires I was getting around 33 mpg, now I am averaging 24-26 with the same driving habit.
Sponsored

pincusterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
I get between 320 and 360 miles per tank depending on the week. <30 mpg during most weeks commuting in heavy traffic to DC. >35 mpg when not commuting or on weekends traveling to soccer games all over. I mostly keep Eco on, except when I need the pep or just feel like having the pep.

Regarding tires, make sure to check your tire pressure. Lower mpg on less-inflated tires.

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get around 310 to 345 per tank

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
130+ round trip per day 5 days a week, we usually fill up 3 times a week with the last top off just so we start out on Monday with a full tank, '16 Touring sedan, and Wawa is our fill up place of choice due to price and location convenience. We are averaging 39mpg or so according to the computer - never verified it with a calculator. Most times we fill up we are still at least a quarter tank remaining, but due to the lengthy highway stretches it is best if we fill up at the start or finish of our commute so it just sort of ends up that way.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting about 350-370 miles per tank on PREMIUM (QT) and I drive around 40miles a day..so about a week or so before I have to fill it up? I fill mine when the range hits about 20miles and the fuel indicator turns on.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just remember to use a top-tier brand when possible. Some of them have more detergent than others (a Top-Tier designation simply means the brand meets a minimum requirement). I use BP simply because there is no convenient Shell station. If I remember, Shell has the highest level, followed by BP and Exxon.
Actually top tier means it exceeds Federally Required Minimums (in the USA), for detergents and the company pays someone to list them as such. As in octane, more is better, maybe.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Actually top tier means it exceeds Federally Required Minimums (in the USA), for detergents and the company pays someone to list them as such. As in octane, more is better, maybe.
You're misreading what I said. There a (minimum) level of detergent that you need to be listed as top-tier. Of the brands qualifying, some have more detergent than others. Shell had the highest according to one analysis and report.

VI001101106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I generally fill up twice a week, but I have about a 90 mile commute each way to work. I generally get about 400 miles to a tank - 16 Civic EX
Holy hell. I thought I had it bad with an 80 mile RT commute.

Stopped keeping specific records but I get roughly 430 MPG and fill up weekly. 87 octane @ Costco.

Stygian22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe EX-T & sedan LX
Hello, i was wondering how many times you guys fill up what gas you have used ? Please name model and how many miles you drive daily. Thanks
I'm glad someone brought this up. I'll be asking my own question on this topic not about a week or so. But I have a 2016 Ex-t coupe that I'm disappointed in fuel milage. But I drive 32 miles round trip highway and I fill up every two weeks.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad someone brought this up. I'll be asking my own question on this topic not about a week or so. But I have a 2016 Ex-t coupe that I'm disappointed in fuel milage. But I drive 32 miles round trip highway and I fill up every two weeks.
What is your fuel mileage?

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
Holy hell. I thought I had it bad with an 80 mile RT commute.

Stopped keeping specific records but I get roughly 430 MPG and fill up weekly. 87 octane @ Costco.
I can't stand waiting in line at the Costco pumps anymore, otherwise I'd do it perhaps.

Albin Biju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Hello, i was wondering how many times you guys fill up what gas you have used ? Please name model and how many miles you drive daily. Thanks
Maybe once every week or more. I have to drive through the downtown and there's a lot of traffic in general during my daily commute to school. It's a 20 minute drive. I get a little over 300 miles of range every time I fill up the tank and I drive a 2016 EX-L Sedan

DeftSalmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I take the train to work and back, so usually fill up once or twice a month (usually once)

On average the car gives me a 590KM-to-empty message after filling. (like 365 miles)

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
That makes it... 766 miles per tank? :confused1: Or am I missing something?
Oops. Obviously a typo. Well 2 typos actually lol. And a bit of misleading. It was my 8th fill up, not 6th, and I have just over 3600 miles now, not 4600. Also, I got a free tank from the dealership (not the one you drive off the lot with, an additional one for how long they took installing some accessories).

So realistically it was 10 tanks over about 3600 miles, or 360mi/tank. I only drive about 15 miles a day during the week (except one day when it's more like 50). Weekends are hit or miss as to how much I'm driving. Sometimes it's a couple hundred miles, sometimes none at all. I've been averaging about 36 mpg in the city and about 43 on the highway.
Sponsored

Last edited: