Votes: 104 26.5%

• Total voters

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
i have a certain procedure when starting car ;) start car and turn on Brake hold, and disable that nasty engine shut off funcion
I don't think any Civic models in the US have the engine shut off function. I had it on my BMW and I hated it!
Sponsored

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Never use Brakehold .... can drive perfectly well without it -- so never have had the need to mess with it.
There are lots of features and technology on today's cars that I can drive perfectly well without, but it doesn't mean they aren't handy or useful.

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
There are lots of features and technology on today's cars that I can drive perfectly well without, but it doesn't mean they aren't handy or useful.
^This^
I can drive a car perfectly well without heated seats too, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a nice feature to have.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
depends on the mood, haven't used it in a week or two but have used it a few times, but honestly the CVT on it's own holds a hill pretty well, I find it to be more annoying then useful in bumper to bumper traffic, I also used it a bunch the first couple weeks after getting the windows tinted so that if some jagoff cop tried to say I rolled through a stop sign I could be like "Officer I simply could not have rolled through the stop sign as I was ensuring my Brake Hold engaged at every intersection which means I must have stopped", cops around here love to pull bullshit excuses for harassing people out of their pocket, take for example like years back I was daily driving my 99 Firebird (you can see it in the garage behind the civic in my profile pic) and I got off work super late one night and I decided to head straight home instead of taking the alternate route through town that takes me past walmart and 2 cops where sitting talking to each other in a parking lot in the middle of town, I drive by, get through the intersection a half mile down the road and I notice one of the cops following me, another mile and a half (1.3 to be exact) right as we are reaching the last possible point where I can pull over and still be in his jurisdiction he blue lights me and gives me some bullshit about swerving over the center line in the curve a quarter mile back from where he blue lit me (after he followed me for over a mile and I was just about out of his jurisdiction). Guy was full of shit and he knew it and I knew it, it was just his bullshit excuse so he could run my license, I've had a handful of situations like this with the local PD so anything I can point at and use as evidence the cop was full of shit I will use so I can get these BULLIES fired.

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I hold the brake, rather the letting the brake hold me because, I like to be going somewhere.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Be smart, conserve your energy. I drive with brake hold on almost all the time so I can shift it to neutral and take both clutch and brake foot off to relax.

As as added bonus it gives me the ability to get better launches at stoplights because I can have my right foot over the gas, ready to go instead of having to let my foot off the brake and move it over to the gas.
Sponsored