Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Rebuilt this 2019 EX around 2 years ago and now looking to sell it. Just wondering what would be a fair price. No cruise control as i didn't reaim the camera. Has 33k miles

Honda Civic 10th gen How much is this thing worth? 20220331_121441
Sponsored

steemed.beans

First Name
Johnson, Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic coupe sport manual
Country flag
I’ll give you $3.50.

You include info that makes me think the car is salvage but you don’t confirm.

Obvious troll is obvious.

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll give you $3.50.

You include info that makes me think the car is salvage but you don’t confirm.

Obvious troll is obvious.
During the rebuild process i have given more info to this forum and fb group than i even dreamt of getting. Everybody says "take it to the dealer" or something retarded like your response. I realize it is because you are all incompetent and useless.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyway, here are a few pictures(hopefully they upload this time) of during the rebuild process. I am open to answer any relevant questions that will help determine a fair price.

Honda Civic 10th gen How much is this thing worth? 20210909_185919

Honda Civic 10th gen How much is this thing worth? 20210917_184357

Honda Civic 10th gen How much is this thing worth? 20220111_110729

Honda Civic 10th gen How much is this thing worth? 20220210_142007

Honda Civic 10th gen How much is this thing worth? 20220308_173954

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I found your rebuild thread.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/fk7-rebuild.68173/

It looks really good in pics --- you did an amazing job on it. I just don't know what you can get based on it's crash history. Good luck.
Thanks man, neither do I lol thats why I am asking here. It drives solid and starts right up whenever i go to drive it every few months. Just looking to get rid of it niw for what its worth...

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Well the reality is that it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

You're in NYC?
Surely there must have a robust market for these cars...
Can't you check what other cars similar to yours list for?
e.g. AutoTrader etc.

Stuff that I imagine goes into the pricing:

Model ... 2019 EX
Mileage ... < 33K [ updated info ]
Condition ... accident & rebuilt, some issues (e.g. no cruise) or non-standard items
Honda Warranty ... no
Honda Dealership ... no
Honda Certified... no

I took a quick look on AutoTrader for some Manhattan Zip code, range 100 miles

- accident EX's 2018-2021 listing down into the 16,000's (USD) whereas clean cars were low 20's

That's probably your maximum .... (16) ?

Why not just list it where you are comfortable and if nobody bites, keep knocking $1000, or $500 off until you get there? If you don't like 15 or 16 ... go with 18 but be prepared to start knocking it down hard. Who knows you might end up as low as 13 or something... I really don't know your car or market.

I watch cars all the time, and they sit and the seller / dealership knocks chunks off until it moves.

Good luck with the sale and some of the stuff you were dealing with personally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the reality is that it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

You're in NYC?
Surely there must have a robust market for these cars...
Can't you check what other cars similar to yours list for?
e.g. AutoTrader etc.

Stuff that I imagine goes into the pricing:

Model ... 2019 EX
Mileage ... you didn't share
Condition ... accident & rebuilt, some issues (e.g. no cruise) or non-standard items
Honda Warranty ... no
Honda Dealership ... no
Honda Certified... no

I took a quick look on AutoTrader for some Manhattan Zip code, range 100 miles

- accident EX's 2018-2021 listing down into the 16,000's (USD) whereas clean cars were low 20's

That's probably your maximum .... (16) ?

Why not just list it where you are comfortable and if nobody bites, keep knocking $1000, or $500 off until you get there? If you don't like 15 or 16 ... go with 18 but be prepared to start knocking it down hard. Who knows you might end up as low as 13 or something... I really don't know your car or market.

I watch cars all the time, and they sit and the seller / dealership knocks chunks off until it moves.

Good luck with the sale and some of the stuff you were dealing with personally.
Thanks, this car was hit pretty hard and still has some issues. I did post the miles its less than 33k. When i checked myself the rebuilt cars have 0 issues (so they say). Thank you for your feedback.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'd suggest getting your radar aimed again, should help selling a car that everything is functional. But as dt10g said, knock off a few grand off a non accidented car. Even if everything works well, these cars always have minor issues that pop up over time or weird alignment problems, etc.

Good luck on your sale, don't take it to a dealer you'll get ripped off hard unless you need to sell it asap.

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Don't take this the wrong way but the diminished value on this car hardly made the repair effort worthwhile. There are tons of these cars on the secondary market and unless you're almost giving it away, anyone with sense will walk away from a car that took a hit like that.

On the other hand, you are in the NY metro area and there are plenty of opportunities to unload this thing. You did a nice job making it look road worthy. I'd throw 12k on the window with full disclosure of all issues and see what happens.

Redacted

First Name
Schmeckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Don't take this the wrong way but the diminished value on this car hardly made the repair effort worthwhile. There are tons of these cars on the secondary market and unless you're almost giving it away, anyone with sense will walk away from a car that took a hit like that.

On the other hand, you are in the NY metro area and there are plenty of opportunities to unload this thing. You did a nice job making it look road worthy. I'd throw 12k on the window with full disclosure of all issues and see what happens.
Where are there tons of these cars? Theres been a massive shortage of these cars here on the west coast. The dealership I bought my Si from were going to pay more than I bought it for 5 years later(this was end of 22, and yea I used to work there but still). And then what do I do if I sell it? 0 civics. Even now, the dealership thats closest to me has 2 new civics listed on their site, and those wont even be on the lot. They'll still be on a truck makin their way cross country and that people have already place a $500 reserve on.
Now all that being said and depending what the other issues are, I think 12k is fair. You did an amazing job restoring it, but damn, that sucker was rekt.

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Where are there tons of these cars? Theres been a massive shortage of these cars here on the west coast. The dealership I bought my Si from were going to pay more than I bought it for 5 years later(this was end of 22, and yea I used to work there but still). And then what do I do if I sell it? 0 civics. Even now, the dealership thats closest to me has 2 new civics listed on their site, and those wont even be on the lot. They'll still be on a truck makin their way cross country and that people have already place a $500 reserve on.
Now all that being said and depending what the other issues are, I think 12k is fair. You did an amazing job restoring it, but damn, that sucker was rekt.
You're on the wrong coast. Out here on the east coast, you can throw a rock in any direction and hit half dozen of these cars.

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're on the wrong coast. Out here on the east coast, you can throw a rock in any direction and hit half dozen of these cars.
The east coast has mostly LX sedans though with white interior. A big deciding factor back when i bought this car was the trim

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
The east coast has mostly LX sedans though with white interior. A big deciding factor back when i bought this car was the trim
Down here near DC they have all sorts of sedans. Every used car lot and shopping center is loaded with all colors and options. Most are the 2.0 N/A with CVT. Every once in a blue moon you will trip over the manual transmission sedan. It's like finding treasure.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyway, here are a few pictures(hopefully they upload this time) of during the rebuild process. I am open to answer any relevant questions that will help determine a fair price.

20210909_185919.jpg

20210917_184357.jpg

20220111_110729.jpg

20220210_142007.jpg

20220308_173954.jpg
nice