Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Hello all I bought a crashed hatchback civic EX with heavy right side damage (needs frame work). I’m posting this here to ask and answer questions. It came to me on three wheels and I got it driving the other day finally after realizing the suspension is completely different on this model. The ball joint, spindle, shock and driveshaft are not the same as sedan models but the body panels (so far) seem to be the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hate being negative but so far all ive encountered is expensive parts, people thousands of miles away that won't ship and scammers. I always wanted to do this so i will keep going. However unless u buying performance parts these forums are a complete waste of time so im just posting these updates for someone who may be in the same spot in the future...

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the frame and front passenger door from a sedan. Everything from the hatchback door bolted and clipped into the sedan door without issue. Even the window regulators are the same.

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The impact shifted the roof and made the sunroof act funny. It made alot of noise when opening and when auto closing it would go up and open again. I took off the glass and took down the assembly to see if anything was broken which thankfully i didn't notice anything. Inside of 2 hours I had it all back together and all i had to do was reset it following these instructions https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/10th-gen-moonroof-reset-procedure.38760/
Be sure that the doors are connected as the white LIN wire that goes to the sunroof also goes to the doors.

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am finally on the frame machine now. Really hope this guy can work half as good as vtuned.
The LX sedan i got the dash and airbag from doesn't have a light in the glove box, everything else looks the same except the glovebox back panel with light doesn't work on models that dont have it, i flipped the dash over and found that the glovebox panel mount just screws to the dash; problem solved.
I got the shock assembly, curtain airbag and door panel from ahparts. The prices are reasonable but shipping is slaughtering me!
As far as i can tell, someone big & fat was in the passenger back seat when this car crashed. They broke the door panel, puncturing the speaker AND bent the front passenger seat. I still dont know what im gonna do about the seat because the airbag in it is blown.

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Checked back here to see if anyone responded and i guess there is no point posting any further updates. I bought this car to distract me while i was battling lymphoma. Frame work took about 4 months and while that is annoying the chemo made sure i was in no rush to finish this project....this is my personal car now. If i can pass inspection in NY the first try i can do this shit anywhere!
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Rebuild 20210909_185919
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Rebuild 20210910_182001
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Rebuild 20220111_110729
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Rebuild 20220208_160356
Honda Civic 10th gen FK7 Rebuild 20220331_121441

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Dude!!! That looks amazing! If you had posted the crash pics first thing people woulda been glued to this. What a transformation, great job

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dude!!! That looks amazing! If you had posted the crash pics first thing people woulda been glued to this. What a transformation, great job
Thanks! I tried to upload pics but i could only do one at a time. I even upgraded all four speakers to hertz using the stock cradle and plug but i couldn't get the pictures up!

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Car looks awesome, man. Brought an FK7 back from the dead lol. Hope you're doing better health-wise. My old man finished chemo a while back and it really took a toll on him. Chemo is no joke, but can be a life saver.

OP
OP
Denzelnyc3

Denzelnyc3

First Name
Denzel Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Car looks awesome, man. Brought an FK7 back from the dead lol. Hope you're doing better health-wise. My old man finished chemo a while back and it really took a toll on him. Chemo is no joke, but can be a life saver.
Thank you! Even the frame guy said it was the hardest job he ever did. And yea that medicine will destroy you. Big up your old man!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The glovebox light is new from 2019+. 2018 below doesn’t have the light.
Sponsored