Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm retired so don't daily drive it to work. Live in a small midwest city so errands around town don't add many miles neither does AutoX at 50 seconds a shot. I have an SUV for winter as I don't trust the idiot drivers around here with slick roads added so it sits in bad winter weather. Also have another toy car I like to drive. Like I said "not a garage queen..." just a fun car to play with. To each their own.
i mean the garage queens. thats the stuff i dont understand. i could only see buying cars to drive them, i drive waaaay too much lol
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
My CTR never sees the inside of the garage unless I'm working on it! I prioritize garage space by value of the car. Unfortunately the CTR sits outside year round...Note to self: I need to build another garage! ?
i mean the garage queens. thats the stuff i dont understand. i could only see buying cars to drive them, i drive waaaay too much lol

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i saw a guy bragging on facebook about having like 2k miles and i wanna say it was a 2017-2019
i wish i had a garage lol. i put like 15k on my car since july 25th. slowed alot last month or 2.

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
I've had my 2021 for a year and two months now - about to hit 18,000 miles. It's my daily driver and I've taken it on a 4 hour road trip. I love this thing and I still turn around to stare at it sometimes after I park.

I drove an 08 civic si for 12 years straight before this. I run my cars into the DIRT lol.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
uunless its a dedicated track car or something. even if i had a 2nd vehicle id have to drive more then that.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've had my 2021 for a year and two months now - about to hit 18,000 miles. It's my daily driver and I've taken it on a 4 hour road trip. I love this thing and I still turn around to stare at it sometimes after I park.

I drove an 08 civic si for 12 years straight before this. I run my cars into the DIRT lol.
i wouldnt mind owning a 08 si, haha. i always have drove alot, put 40-45k on a dodge neon my first manual car in 9months. my 16 ext i put 25k or so on it over a yearish timeframe. maybe more

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
My CTR never sees the inside of the garage unless I'm working on it! I prioritize garage space by value of the car. Unfortunately the CTR sits outside year round...Note to self: I need to build another garage! ?
i saw a guy bragging on facebook about having like 2k miles and i wanna say it was a 2017-2019
i wish i had a garage lol. i put like 15k on my car since july 25th. slowed alot last month or 2.
Nothing wrong with having a garage queen - even if it sits outside. :thumbsup:

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nothing wrong with having a garage queen - even if it sits outside. :thumbsup:
I mean. You tell yourself that. Cars are meant to be driven. My sperm donor had a pretty bad ass 2nd gen ram. Was lifted on 37s. Needed weight to get into the garage. But other then comin put to get washed. It didnt get driven.
Why you wouldn't want to drive the car is beyond me.
No satisfaction in staring at a car cover for me.
So do people just own garage queens so they can talk about it and stuff?
Or are they saving it as an investment. Or are they scared of the car?

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
My 2019 is sitting at 35k and change. Bought it April 2020. I just parked, cleaned and put it on the battery maintainer yesterday. It will sit there until mid-late March. I drive it back and forth to work plus weekend fun. It's also been road tripped to Florida, Kentucky & Ohio.

It'll never see salt / snow and it will also never be parked in a shit parking lot like a walmart. I have a 20 year old beater for that type of running around, plus it's really nice working on a vehicle with no salt fueled corrosion.

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That's about 80 miles a month give or take. Wouldn't driving an awesome car like a Type R be more fun than letting it gather dust?
Honestly, I have to try and find ways to drive it 80 miles per month. I work a lot of hours, from home. We have other cars to daily drive plus I have other "fun" cars to drive as well. The lack of use it's getting unfortunately has had me thinking about getting rid of it which stinks because when I do drive it's amazing.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
2018 CTR bought in April 2021 with 18,xxx miles and now at ~33,000 miles as of 1/3/22. Drove it twice round trip from Charlotte, NC to Palm Beach, FL for the Thanksgiving and Christmas/NYE holidays. I also just drive it a lot in general with weekend trips to Asheville, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, etc.

No issues as a long haul driver. It's my daily driver, and only car, so I see myself hitting +40k real soon. Doesn't phase me one bit seeing the number on the dash go up.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Picked up the car in May 2021, just passed 10k miles during the holidays.
Sponsored