First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
What about

Option?- E85 flex fuel + FBOs + Hondata fuel system + Full-race efr7163 turbo kit + Flashpro

This won't make over 428hp?
If you read his post, he says that with flex you get 428. If you want to go above 500 you'll need to upgrade some stuff.
Sponsored

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
If you read his post, he says that with flex you get 428. If you want to go above 500 you'll need to upgrade some stuff.
His post says nothing about a big turbo and flex fuel....only big turbo and race gas

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
His post says nothing about a big turbo and flex fuel....only big turbo and race gas
For those wanting to know the numbers. You won't be getting 500hp on flex or pump or a stock turbo. It's race fuel. 428 is what you get on flex. You're not getting over 400tq on this motor without flex. It's not possible.
He talks about flex fuel three times: regarding not hitting 500 HP on flex, that 400 ft-lbs requires flex, and 428 is what you get on flex.

He talks about turbo once regarding not hitting 500 HP on a stock turbo (implies something bigger required).

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He talks about flex fuel three times: regarding not hitting 500 HP on flex, that 400 ft-lbs requires flex, and 428 is what you get on flex.

He talks about turbo once regarding not hitting 500 HP on a stock turbo (implies something bigger required).
My point is...i think with a big turbo and flex it will make over 428...but thanks for highlighting the word flex.

mark_ninan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2R
Country flag
What about

Option?- E85 flex fuel + FBOs + Hondata fuel system + Full-race efr7163 turbo kit + Flashpro

This won't make over 428hp?
I'm also tempted to go the EFR7163 route... but hang on guys... PRL's completely revamped their turbo... it's no longer a hybrid - it's a completely new turbo with a lot of good stuff:
It's called the P600 - you can find it at http://prlarmy.com/Blog/prl-motorsp...fk8-drop-in-turbocharger-upgrade-development/

1) It utilizes a billet 304 stainless steel, dual ceramic ball bearing CHRA for reduced weight and improved durability - just like the EFR7163 i think.
2) new CHRA is also designed to increase cooling capacity with its larger water jacket - brilliant!
3) The turbocharger retains factory oil and coolant lines, as well as the factory bypass valve and wastegate actuator.

Couple other niceties inside but no stats(spool etc) out yet.

And the turbo's called P600 coz they're saying we can hit 600whp with a stock block. We'll just have to wait for the stats i guess.

It'd be nice to compare PRL's vs EFR7163 vs Garrett's 550/660 when PRL releases their turbo...

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm also tempted to go the EFR7163 route... but hang on guys... PRL's completely revamped their turbo... it's no longer a hybrid - it's a completely new turbo with a lot of good stuff:
It's called the P600 - you can find it at http://prlarmy.com/Blog/prl-motorsp...fk8-drop-in-turbocharger-upgrade-development/

1) It utilizes a billet 304 stainless steel, dual ceramic ball bearing CHRA for reduced weight and improved durability - just like the EFR7163 i think.
2) new CHRA is also designed to increase cooling capacity with its larger water jacket - brilliant!
3) The turbocharger retains factory oil and coolant lines, as well as the factory bypass valve and wastegate actuator.

And the turbo's called P600 coz they're saying we can hit 600whp with a stock block. We'll just have to wait for the stats i guess.

It'd be nice to compare PRL's vs EFR7163 vs Garrett's 550/660 when PRL releases their turbo...
The 7163 is a little bigger!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA fuel system upgrade Screenshot_20200218-110610_Drive

Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA fuel system upgrade Screenshot_20200218-110652_Samsung Internet

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

The earlier PRL prototype wasn't a hybrid. It functioned the same as the factory one, was just slightly bigger. Didn't have a electric motor or anything.

Still, I'm banking on their drop in to be the best bang for buck. It has the big advantage of using all the stock locations for inlet, intercooler, downpipe, wastegate and not needing custom pieces like other big turbo kits. Plus it's not just a rebuilt stock unit.

Hopefully I can figure out a tune with higher HP while having tourque under 400. Also it would be nice to see how much power can be made at a safe AFR on stock fueling. Reinforcing the block and fueling is going to be stupid expensive

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The earlier PRL prototype wasn't a hybrid. It functioned the same as the factory one, was just slightly bigger. Didn't have a electric motor or anything.

Still, I'm banking on their drop in to be the best bang for buck. It has the big advantage of using all the stock locations for inlet, intercooler, downpipe, wastegate and not needing custom pieces like other big turbo kits. Plus it's not just a rebuilt stock unit.

Hopefully I can figure out a tune with higher HP while having tourque under 400. Also it would be nice to see how much power can be made at a safe AFR on stock fueling. Reinforcing the block and fueling is going to be stupid expensive
Do you know what a hybrid turbo is?...it has nothing to do with being electric. This is why I don't even bother with forums.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welp they do make hybrid turbos that utilize electric motors.

Why do you even bother then? I'm sure you could be a pretentious smug cunt elsewhere

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Why do you even bother then? I'm sure you could be a pretentious smug cunt elsewhere
Yes they do...but PRL didn't. Am I supposed to be offended when you call me names?

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

It's not your fault...i just find that most forums have alot of misinformation or lack of knowledge on the subject which leads to opinions, not facts. You can call me whatever you want, it doesn't bother me. Have a good day!!!

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope not at all. Just highlighting the hypocrisy

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope not at all. Just highlighting the hypocrisy
What hypocrisy? The original PRL turbo was a modified OEM turbo..aka a hybrid turbo...you started talking about it not being an electric turbo as if you were trying to correct mark_ninan's original post when he called it a hybrid turbo...
Sponsored