Saoire

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a 2021 Honda Civic , my collision mitigation failed to engage and I wound up rear ending another car . I set mine to normal distance so it would give a reasonable time at warning before engaging in actually breaking my vehicle . I was traveling 5 mph off an exit .
I have seen reports of it engaging when there is no obstacle or imminent crash , I am experiencing the opposite.
Sponsored

SukiHonda

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T EX Hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Don’t mean to sound argumentative here but ACC is not really to be used during slow movements or stop and go traffic. Furthermore it’s something we should not rely on. Unless you are getting warning on your dash my best bet it is perfectly fine (maybe not now due to front end collision) if paying out of pocket for diagnostics and/or recalibration you can expect to pay a pretty penny as dealerships are the only ones who can recalibrate

It does tend to falsely engage but those instances are during curves at high speed and the cpu thinking your about to go into the wall

OP
OP

Saoire

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
Don’t mean to sound argumentative here but ACC is not really to be used during slow movements or stop and go traffic. Furthermore it’s something we should not rely on. Unless you are getting warning on your dash my best bet it is perfectly fine (maybe not now due to front end collision) if paying out of pocket for diagnostics and/or recalibration you can expect to pay a pretty penny as dealerships are the only ones who can recalibrate

It does tend to falsely engage but those instances are during curves at high speed and the cpu thinking your about to go into the wall
According to Honda it is supposed to engage beginning at 5 mph and up , it wasn’t stop and go though my car does engage in stop and go if I get too close to a car in front of me , the brakes actually engaged by themselves . So comment not to helpful as I have read my manual and consulted Honda on the exact parameters of my model . Mostly seeking others with similar experiences

Stomekuttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
I think he was just trying to point out that it was dumb to rely on collision avoidance that much. It isn’t meant for you to be on your phone and drive at the same time. Maybe you are actually having trouble with the system, maybe no. Either way you caused an accident from not paying attention to the road.
Sponsored