Crash mitigation can be DANGEROUS if you're a spirited/aggressive driver.

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
My car has started giving "False" brake warnings. It braked couple of times automatically couple of times. It happens mostly when I am on a street driving on left lane and there are cars coming on the opposite lane driving on their left lane. Any suggestions?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
My car has started giving "False" brake warnings. It braked couple of times automatically couple of times. It happens mostly when I am on a street driving on left lane and there are cars coming on the opposite lane driving on their left lane. Any suggestions?
Get dealer to recalibrate.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Do you know how the calibration is done?
No idea, but if it's anything like recalibrating the side-mirror camera it's not something you want to do at home.

Call your dealer and tell them what's going on, they'll get you to come in and replicate, and then take it from there.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is exactly why I don't want a car with these features, or why I'd never use them if available. It's more dangerous than not for those who actually pay attention while driving. Once you start letting your car make decisions for you, you open yourself up to many more potential accidents than you're avoiding.

I feel like the R&D money for these technologies would've been better spent assigning more cops to scout out dangerous drivers.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I completely agree with the posts saying the left lane should be passing only. It's safer for everyone. But it doesn't mean you should be over speeding (more than ~11 mph over speed limit).