Honda Civic 2016 Touring Misfire

Rob51652

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Hi Everyone. Just the other day I floored it to pass someone and my car stopped accelerating on the highway with a flashing check engine light. As I pressed the gas the RPM's would go up but I had 0 acceleration. I eventually pulled over and turned off the car and immediately when I turned it back on it worked.

Just took it to the dealer and they are telling me that there was nothing found, no faulty codes, ETC. I saw the "Today my touring killed itself" thread and I don't quite have the same symptoms as this fella.

Looking for any advice as I was LOVING my civic before this happened.
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Well, does your car work now?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi Everyone. Just the other day I floored it to pass someone and my car stopped accelerating on the highway with a flashing check engine light. As I pressed the gas the RPM's would go up but I had 0 acceleration. I eventually pulled over and turned off the car and immediately when I turned it back on it worked.

Just took it to the dealer and they are telling me that there was nothing found, no faulty codes, ETC. I saw the "Today my touring killed itself" thread and I don't quite have the same symptoms as this fella.

Looking for any advice as I was LOVING my civic before this happened.
Rain? Perhaps a wet plug wire? Sounds like it went into limp mode.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I had this issue on an accord years ago, sometimes a bad spark plug does not generate an error code. Sometimes....this may be the issue, check the plugs.. is what I would do. Next, gas quality or water in the gas can do this. It's called "water choking". get some water gas treatment and get "Top Tier" gas with fill up as much as possible. I swear by Lucas gas treatment with cylinder lube...love the stuff for smooth engine idle and good acceleration.

OP
OP

Rob51652

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I had this issue on an accord years ago, sometimes a bad spark plug does not generate an error code. Sometimes....this may be the issue, check the plugs.. is what I would do. Next, gas quality or water in the gas can do this. It's called "water choking". get some water gas treatment and get "Top Tier" gas with fill up as much as possible. I swear by Lucas gas treatment with cylinder lube...love the stuff for smooth engine idle and good acceleration.
Thanks - I'll give this a shot (just filled the tank, so I'll do premium on my next fill up).

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks - I'll give this a shot (just filled the tank, so I'll do premium on my next fill up).
If the "miss-fire" occurred with the new tank of gas you'd be better off putting in some dry gas - that would "soak up" any water to clear the issue. It's very unusual to get water in gas unless you're at an "off-brand" station or one that sells very low quantities of gas. (But if they were filling their tanks in the deluge the other day it's possible.) Anyway dry gas will clear it up.
If it happens again and it's raining don't ignore the possibility that water is getting onto the plug wires.

OP
OP

Rob51652

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
no the issue happened about 75% through my tank, and I do not buy off-brand gas.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Costco is picky on their gas... they have water separators and use cleaners too.
Sponsored