BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I recently removed my flex fuel kit and went back to a 93 basemap tune.
I had the traction control settings previously on 4mph /6% slip.
It worked flawlessly and second gear would pull right to redline without a hiccup with the full power 1st & 2nd box checked. Now on the 93 octane tune with the same settings, second gear will bog down and cut the power hard and then back on. I tried setting the TC slip to 7%, but makes no difference.
I now checked off the reduced torque in 1st and 2nd and the car is much slower. I don’t feel comfortable reducing torque targets in the graphs, I just want to dial this TC in like it was when I was making more power on the ethanol basemap!
Can someone tell me what’s going on?

Honda Civic 10th gen Help with hondata traction control 3050A832-CCBA-43C2-9E14-2408E9587695
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why is the throttle plate at 8% when my T Pedal is at 100%? That means that it is closing? I thought the traction control system was suppose to leave the throttle plate open the entire time while WOT

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Why is the throttle plate at 8% when my T Pedal is at 100%? That means that it is closing? I thought the traction control system was suppose to leave the throttle plate open the entire time while WOT
It doesn’t disable the factory VSA. They will both run at the same time unless you disable it with the button. Ideally the Hondata TC will kick in first and the factory VSA will never activate but with enough slip it’s still gonna happen.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It doesn’t disable the factory VSA. They will both run at the same time unless you disable it with the button. Ideally the Hondata TC will kick in first and the factory VSA will never activate but with enough slip it’s still gonna happen.
That's a shame. So the 93 base map tune must have more punch mid range than the ethanol map did. Would a solution be to highlight the entire table under torque 2nd (sport and +R) and then adjust values by say -10%, upload and test drive? Or can I copy the torque targets from 2nd gear comfort mode into 2nd gear sport and +R?

Honda Civic 10th gen Help with hondata traction control Screenshot (3)

Last edited:

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
That's a shame. So the 93 base map tune must have more punch mid range than the ethanol map did. Would a solution be to highlight the entire table under torque 2nd (sport and +R) and then adjust values by say -10%, upload and test drive? Or can I copy the torque targets from 2nd gear comfort mode into 2nd gear sport and +R?

Screenshot (3).png
Wouldnt disabling the factory vsa be much simpler?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I tried setting the TC slip to 7%, but makes no difference.
I don’t feel comfortable reducing torque targets in the graphs, I just want to dial this TC in like it was when I was making more power on the ethanol basemap!
you are saying you dont want to reduce torque targets but asking if you can reduce it?
you adding more slip (from 6% to 7%) is going the other way. You want the hondata traction control to intervene enough so the vsa doesnt kick on. adding more slip is just doing the opposite really.

my recommendation is to mess with the torque targets and adjust the curve.
no reason to highlight the whole table. Just alter the WOT cells.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you are saying you dont want to reduce torque targets but asking if you can reduce it?
you adding more slip (from 6% to 7%) is going the other way. You want the hondata traction control to intervene enough so the vsa doesnt kick on. adding more slip is just doing the opposite really.

my recommendation is to mess with the torque targets and adjust the curve.
no reason to highlight the whole table. Just alter the WOT cells.
That might explain it lol. Are you saying to just highlight the last vertical row with all the 480 numeric under TPS100? Is there a way to revert back to default if I fudge it up? How do I “adjust the curve?”
Trying to figure it all out thanks!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That might explain it lol. Are you saying to just highlight the last vertical row with all the 480 numeric under TPS100? Is there a way to revert back to default if I fudge it up? Trying to figure it all out thanks!
actually since your talking about 2nd gear, you might have to adjust other higher tps cells depending on how you want to set it up.
its really not hard to alter torque curves. all your doing is making it so that the car doesn't request high torque in the area your prone to losing traction which is usually in the mid range area.

default on hondata base maps i believe is all 480s so you can just put it all back to 480 if anything. Or make a copy of the file and adjust that one.
Sponsored