Civic Type R (FK8) Traction Control - Hondata FlashPro

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
on a hot day, I tried WOT on 2nd gear , my car will bog down from 4k rpm to 5rpm for 0.5 sec.. lose boost .. exhaust crackle ..
it doesnt happen on a colder day, any idea? Mainly affect 2nd gear, sometimes 3rd gear.

I checked the log.. there is a cut in throttle plate when all that happen.. is it because of the hondata TC ? do i need to adjust anything ?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Throttle plate is from the VSA. You can reduce the target slip in TC or (better yet) reduce the torque in lower gears.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Noob question.. Just sold my Ktuner v2 for a flash pro (which arrives today). I read there could be misfires with higher hp applications. Since my CTR is stock aside from a PRL HVI, is it safe to use the TC on otherise unmodded car? SInce it is igntion based and can "pop", I dont want to damage my cat or any other components. Also, should I start off with the factory TC settings or change to a different %? My main issue is 2nd gear 20-50 like most people. I will be running the 93 basemap tune.
Thanks

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Noob question.. Just sold my Ktuner v2 for a flash pro (which arrives today). I read there could be misfires with higher hp applications. Since my CTR is stock aside from a PRL HVI, is it safe to use the TC on otherise unmodded car? SInce it is igntion based and can "pop", I dont want to damage my cat or any other components. Also, should I start off with the factory TC settings or change to a different %? My main issue is 2nd gear 20-50 like most people. I will be running the 93 basemap tune.
Thanks
Not an issue. A single pop every once in a while won't do any damage. It's not like antilag where boost is being built up and dumped.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not an issue. A single pop every once in a while won't do any damage. It's not like antilag where boost is being built up and dumped.
I have experienced that pop often on 1st and 2nd gear especially... i lose boost when it pop and the car jerk when it pop... it is when i have full throttle open..
Any advice on this?
My car is fob and custom tune...

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have experienced that pop often on 1st and 2nd gear especially... inlost boost when it pop and the car jerk when it pop...
Any advice on this?
My car is fob and custom tune...
The popping isn’t a sign of anything going wrong, it’s just a side effect of how the traction control works.

You will naturally lose boost because the engine isn’t putting out much exhaust gas when the ignition gets cut.

Gotta get better tires, have the traction control tweaked better, or lower the torque request.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The popping isn’t a sign of anything going wrong, it’s just a side effect of how the traction control works.

You will naturally lose boost because the engine isn’t putting out much exhaust gas when the ignition gets cut.

Gotta get better tires, have the traction control tweaked better, or lower the torque request.
Is it the oem VSA that i need to switch off?
I am at 380 wtq now..
Running conti esc 265

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is it the oem VSA that i need to switch off?
I am at 380 wtq now..
Running conti esc 265
Hey since your in the GTA - try it out during heavy snow, it'll pop all the way to redline and it'll take a good 20 minutes to reach to 7000rpm with all the retard going on LOL :D

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey since your in the GTA - try it out during heavy snow, it'll pop all the way to redline and it'll take a good 20 minutes to reach to 7000rpm with all the retard going on LOL :D
I am on my snow tires now... all the power is pretty much useless... i detuned the car so it wont spin wheels on daily drive basis..

ksun003

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Country flag
Has anyone's Hondata TC throw ACC, CMBS and Lane Departure warning errors? I'm not sure if Hondata's the culprit for me here but I've recently cut out the vents in one of the bumper inserts and covered it with mesh. At the time Hondata TC was already activated.

It had no issue and worked for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden while cruising on the highway, ACC, CMBS and Lane Departure came on as system warnings. I've tried to reset, clear codes using a scanner, nothing seemed to be removing the codes and I was wondering if I should reflash the ECU and deactivate Hondata's TC to see if that helps. Would I be looking in the wrong place?

EDIT: I suspect this is a radar issue just like mentioned in other forum. There must've been a small stone that knocked the radar out of alignment. NVM my post!
Sponsored

Last edited: