Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Worrying about paint fading is like worrying about your car's odometer keeps increasing in mileages. Your car, your choice. Pick the one that you like the best and stop worrying too much about the fading of the paint. It's a Honda, and they don't really spend too much money on painting Civics with the best paint out there. The CTR is a really fun car to enjoy!
Sponsored

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
It's unfortunate you can't get the best color (PMM) but I'd say if you haven't seen SGP in person, try to see one before you decide. It's a beautiful color and pictures don't really do it justice.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
PMM owner here. I got my rear left and right roof vortex wings replaced by the dealership at about 20k miles. They were fading.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Modern paints still fade?

I mean, I’m sure there’s some change over the years, but is it super drastic? I know Honda’s red colors were known to fade in the 90s... but all they needed was a good polish job to bring them back to life.

In terms of there being a difference between the body and bumpers- welcome to the world of Honda. This has been the case for at least two decades now, if not longer. I find the white isn’t terrible for it, though. In certain light I do notice it, but it’s not as bad as some other hondas/Acuras of the past.

RType

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Rallye Red doesn't fade as bad as the older Milano Red

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
SGP appears to be a chick magnet. In the sun, this paint just cries out to be admired. [No offense to your significant other!]

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
They don't make the R in any bad colors. They all look great and whichever one you see next will be the best one.

That being said... everyone knows a sports car needs to be Red! :beer:

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I have sonic grey and have never seen a picture that did it justice. Go find one in real life.

Championship White and Sonic Grey are top.

Red and Blue are low rent **squares up**

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
I had every intention of ordering a red one when I went in to the dealer to put my deposit down. After hashing out the pricing they asked what color do you want............and "White" came out of my mouth unbidden. I was about to say, "wait, I meant red", but after thinking about it for a few seconds I realized it was white that I really wanted. I couldn't be happier, I'm pretty sure the color I truly wanted was the white. It's such an awesome shade of white and really seems to fit the car.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I personally would choose black because it is the most toned down looking. Too much contrast going on with the other colours.

OP
OP
digitalpeer

digitalpeer

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700hp e3 Senator, I30N
Country flag
Thanks guys, i think im going to need to buy 4 of em so i know i got the right one :D

MikeM1991

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda paint sucks.
Going to need a lot of care to maintain it for a long time no matter which color you choose.

20191119_195429.jpg

Screenshot_20191119-195345_Gallery.jpg
This thing is gorgeous.

I desperately wanted a Type R but I needed a new car quickly after my old one decided to shit itself lol. They didn't have any at my local dealership. Ended up with a Sport Touring Hatch in White Orchid Pearl. I've had no issues with the paint on my car though.

Waiting for the face-lift Type R and I may trade in.

Deleted member 31314

Waiting for the face-lift Type R and I may trade in.
If you can find one now, or are willing to travel and can find one a reasonable price I would do it now and not hold off. There is no confirmation of the 2020MY or that the Type R will even get the new hatchback face lift we are seeing overseas. All those "spy shots" are merely nothing more than Honda testing and as we know from Japanese auto history there can be years of spy shots and testing and never see the car make it to production. Even though they like to make money Honda likes to keep things special so we may not see the R until the next gen assuming it is even sold worldwide again.
Sponsored