Help me pick a tire

Deadgame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I think it's finally time to replace my original tires with just over 16K miles. I live in San Antonio, so while we can get a decent amount of rain at times, we see mostly sunny days with the rare chance of snow. I daily drive my CTR about 75 miles, so longevity is important, but I don't want to sacrifice the performance that a high performance tire can offer just to get a few extra miles. I have a FP, DP, intercooler, and KTuner, so I'd like the car to hook, but I'm not racing the car. Lastly, I think I'm leaning towards 255 35 20 tires since several members seem to be running them without issue. Can anybody suggest a great happy medium for my needs?
Sponsored

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I think it's finally time to replace my original tires with just over 16K miles. I live in San Antonio, so while we can get a decent amount of rain at times, we see mostly sunny days with the rare chance of snow. I daily drive my CTR about 75 miles, so longevity is important, but I don't want to sacrifice the performance that a high performance tire can offer just to get a few extra miles. I have a FP, DP, intercooler, and KTuner, so I'd like the car to hook, but I'm not racing the car. Lastly, I think I'm leaning towards 255 35 20 tires since several members seem to be running them without issue. Can anybody suggest a great happy medium for my needs?
I don't have these tires yet but from research and people that have them you might be really happy with the Continental's ExtremeContact DWS06 that's what i am getting once winter over here is over.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Should be very comparable to stock tires from a performance perspective. They're about the same price. And they have a 30k mile tread wear warranty.

I'll be putting them on when my Continentals are done. They are even available in 245/30R20 which they weren't a year ago. Also available in 255/35R20.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Michelin Pilot sport 4s would be the best. If budgets an issue go with firehawk indy500 best bang for your buck

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
if the pilot sport 4s is too expensive I would look at the sumitomo HTR ZIII. Pretty decent tire, not as good as the 4s, but less than half the price...

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
if the pilot sport 4s is too expensive I would look at the sumitomo HTR ZIII. Pretty decent tire, not as good as the 4s, but less than half the price...
:agree: 4S are great for daily/spirtired/autox but the ZIII are good for daily use as i've run the older versions on my03 AP1 (and so have a few fellow owners locally). gl!
Sponsored