SomeKid

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
So I have a 2019 Civic EX-L (1.5T) and I live in Arizona. I started doing bolt-on's and tuning about a year ago. So far This is what I've done to the car:
Bigger tires, 40mm spacers on all 4 wheels, coil overs, some electrical stuff (doesn't really matter in this discussion), cat-back exhaust, Upgraded skid plate (I got tired of dealing with the OEM one), Cold air intake (from wheel well), cut out the fake vents in the fog light housing to make them actually functional vents, and I'm at 14PSI on HONDATA.

All of this with some additional tuning has me at 220 WHP and its my daily so it does fine. However in the summers in AZ it gets to 120F outside and the pavement can fry eggs soooo my IAT's are often at 150 ish by the end of most drives. I have to make 5 trips minimum in a day because I'm so damn busy, but some of the 45 minute drives (on apple maps) get really sketchy when I see my coolant temp hit 150 and the car bogging at every light. Idling for anything longer than 10 mins gets the car to spool up and rev to 2k or so (I fixed this). So should I go for an intercooler first or a bigger radiator? I changed the current fans' starting temp. but it hasn't helped much. Another idea I had was to get a heat resistive airbox, and keep it in the fender for the ventilation setup that I have. Anyways I have around 5 months to come up with something, but I'd appreciate your guys' thoughts
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You're getting 220WHP with just an intake and Hondata peaking at 14psi????

OP
OP
SomeKid

SomeKid

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
We have a dyno at my school and I hit the scramble button for that lmao
I leave it at 14 normally

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
You're getting 220WHP with just an intake and Hondata peaking at 14psi????
Maybe 220whp targeted? I’m pushing like 220-230 being FBO on Phearable 1.5R with 93 octane.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I have a 2019 Civic EX-L (1.5T) and I live in Arizona. I started doing bolt-on's and tuning about a year ago. So far This is what I've done to the car:
Bigger tires, 40mm spacers on all 4 wheels, coil overs, some electrical stuff (doesn't really matter in this discussion), cat-back exhaust, Upgraded skid plate (I got tired of dealing with the OEM one), Cold air intake (from wheel well), cut out the fake vents in the fog light housing to make them actually functional vents, and I'm at 14PSI on HONDATA.

All of this with some additional tuning has me at 220 WHP and its my daily so it does fine. However in the summers in AZ it gets to 120F outside and the pavement can fry eggs soooo my IAT's are often at 150 ish by the end of most drives. I have to make 5 trips minimum in a day because I'm so damn busy, but some of the 45 minute drives (on apple maps) get really sketchy when I see my coolant temp hit 150 and the car bogging at every light. Idling for anything longer than 10 mins gets the car to spool up and rev to 2k or so (I fixed this). So should I go for an intercooler first or a bigger radiator? I changed the current fans' starting temp. but it hasn't helped much. Another idea I had was to get a heat resistive airbox, and keep it in the fender for the ventilation setup that I have. Anyways I have around 5 months to come up with something, but I'd appreciate your guys' thoughts
Both if you can, intercooler for sure, especially being in AZ, you need all the cooling help you can. A lot of people also change out the front grill to something more open for greater airflow if you're still rocking the stock grille.
Sponsored