Balto

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just gonna give the car back and go somewhere else. At this point I feel like they are playing games and when it comes time for me to keep the car, I don't want then trying to play games again.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
They won't be able to sell it as a new car, so they are going to take a HUGE hit on it. … My credit is 747 btw.
Regardless of your credit score, somebody along the way still had to consider things like your income vs. the payments.
F**k dealers that play games like this...call Honda directly, work something out. This is bullshit.
The Finance Manager at the dealership that accepted this deal accepted it expecting to be able to get the OP financed. Sounds like they failed. It happens. They are big boys and it's a risk they took. (Technically, it's a risk they take with every non-cash deal that doesn't walk in the door with pre-approved credit.) So they end up eating the loss on the car. A Finance Manager that loses that gamble too many times is probably going to be looking for work. Some dealers are more aggressive about taking this risk than others.

OP
OP
Balto

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, just got back from the dealership. I don't have the give the car back. Apperantly when they made a copy of my check stub, it never made it into the credit application. So I'm good now that they sent it in. I saw, in writing that, that was the issue so I could he good to go now. Glad I didn't beat up on it when returning it xD!

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Good to hear they sorted it out. Surprising that a simple missing bit of information like that didn't get caught quicker. Happy driving!

OP
OP
Balto

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear they sorted it out. Surprising that a simple missing bit of information like that didn't get caught quicker. Happy driving!
Thanks! Just glad to have this off my shoulders!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, just got back from the dealership. I don't have the give the car back. Apperantly when they made a copy of my check stub, it never made it into the credit application. So I'm good now that they sent it in. I saw, in writing that, that was the issue so I could he good to go now. Glad I didn't beat up on it when returning it xD!
Glad to hear everything worked out...now time for a celebratory drive! :drive:

OP
OP
Balto

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup! Thanks guys! Now to get back to daily activities haha.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My dealer gave me a hassle over needing a bill proving I live at my current residence, so this isn't surprising that they would default on the loan and say it's not approved due to missing information/forms. Happens all the time.. I had just literally moved in my new apartment so it was difficult getting a fresh bill for about a week.. During this time they were literally freaking out.

OP
OP
Balto

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The reason I never got angry was I understand. It IS a lot of money for either party, regardless of what happens.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
The reason I never got angry was I understand. It IS a lot of money for either party, regardless of what happens.
I'm actually really impressed with the respectful and civil way you handled this obstacle. I think it shows the type of mature person that the Hondas attract. Kudos to your parents for teaching you how to face encountered life problems.Thanks!

OP
OP
Balto

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually really impressed with the respectful and civil way you handled this obstacle. I think it shows the type of mature person that the Hondas attract. Kudos to your parents for teaching you how to face encountered life problems.Thanks!
Thanks. I really appreciate it, I don't get complimented often. I have just learned in life that, the more angry you get, the worse your situation becomes. Anger brings rash judgement, impairs your way of thinking and in general hurts the people around you.

On another note, I did tell them they have until Wednesday to get the white over spray off my car, or they are giving me another one. I also am getting the TSB done for the surging issue. Will be nice to have people not poking at me about it. Lol.

MCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
And for future reference they can never take a car back. They are taking the chance on getting an approval without actually getting the approval first. In the end they would have to eat it. They would fork over the money to get an approval or finance it in house. If you already signed a contract it is your car. Dealers just try to make up reasons when they mess up and some people go along with it.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
And for future reference they can never take a car back. They are taking the chance on getting an approval without actually getting the approval first. In the end they would have to eat it. They would fork over the money to get an approval or finance it in house. If you already signed a contract it is your car. Dealers just try to make up reasons when they mess up and some people go along with it.
This is inaccurate and potentially dangerous advice - if financing legitimately fell through, they most certainly can take a car back.

The essence of financing is that the car belongs to whatever bank loaned you the money, until you either pay it off completely or return it at the end of your lease.
They may have to eat the cost of depreciation since the vehicle is no longer new, but they would not fork over money or finance it in house if the applicant's credit application is denied.

What they will do when you refuse to return the car is send repo-men, and add a big ding to your credit report.

The OP handled this very maturely and it worked out for him; but it is still not his car.
Sponsored