Help! Brake hold system, power steering system, And vehicle stability assist problem lights all came on out of no where

Owensjay86

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hello, does anyone know how to fix this problem or knows why it occurred?

While driving, I had multiple errors pop up out of no where. The error lights were Brake hold system, power steering system, And vehicle stability assist problem lights.

I had this same exact problem occur last October where all the lights came on. I changed the battery, the fuses, and even the alternator, thinking this would solve the problem. I took the car to the Honda dealership, they had to jump the car because it died. Once the my jumped it and the tech looked at it, he said nothing was wrong with the car. I explained the car was messed up the whole week and it even died but they still swore up and down nothing was wrong with it. After I got it back from them it drove like new. Then today it all happened again! can anyone help on what is the problem and what should I do to fix it? Thank you in advance! Here on the pictures of the errors I got tonight.

ps. This on a 2016 Civic EX

Honda Civic 10th gen Help! Brake hold system, power steering system, And vehicle stability assist problem lights all came on out of no where 2EE891F2-21DC-4AB3-BC7E-53B88D9E9F96

Honda Civic 10th gen Help! Brake hold system, power steering system, And vehicle stability assist problem lights all came on out of no where 6EA7DC58-E08A-49FD-BFBB-453B996F744F

Honda Civic 10th gen Help! Brake hold system, power steering system, And vehicle stability assist problem lights all came on out of no where E6B50CD9-48C7-4DB6-AC7F-A03B58DC57AC

Reactions: JMM

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I think you should have the dealership scan it while the errors are present. It's likely to be just one sensor sending bad data. And since all the systems interact with each other; multiple system errors will show up.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Time for Part out :headbang::lol:

Just Kidding. Check your battery or better take it to dealer they can check for codes

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
".... I changed the battery, the fuses, and even the alternator, thinking this would solve the problem. "

Checking if battery is good or not, is not easy.

Fuse and alternator are easy to see if they are good or not.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happened to me when I did a hard pull. Turns out the + connection on the battery was loose. Once that was tightened down properly, drove it about 2 miles and all the lights went away.

pineaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
This happened to my 17 si a couple times. Dealer said nothing is wrong but eventually admitted its caused by faulty fuel injectors. Its a known problem and was fixed under warranty.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to my 17 si a couple times.

Dealer said nothing is wrong but eventually admitted its caused by faulty fuel injectors. Its a known problem and was fixed under warranty.
So you're saying brake hold, power steering and vehicle stability assist lights on the dash indicate faulty injectors?? :confused1:

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Did PS light just start happening or is it a leftover from the battery dying?
If the PS "works" as in it's hard to turn with ignition off but easy to turn with engine on (it's electric by the way) then the steering angle relearn may fix issue - start car turn steering wheel so front wheels are facing straight ahead as you can get them. Turn ignition off. Turn back on and see if next time you run the engine it clears. If not get it to dealer as this can be dangerous - if you still have 3/30 warranty left it may be covered.

zbs60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda coupe ex-t
Country flag
HI All

Did anyone find out the exact cause of this issue? I developed this problem last night. I have multiple error messages just like the original poster had. I tried cleaning the battery posts, tightening the cables and had the battery checked. The steering is extremely hard to turn. Brakes work fine.

The dash shows at least 4 messages

power steering system problem
tire pressure monitor problem
brake hold system problem
hill start assist problem

Any help appreciated

jason1384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
HI All

Did anyone find out the exact cause of this issue? I developed this problem last night. I have multiple error messages just like the original poster had. I tried cleaning the battery posts, tightening the cables and had the battery checked. The steering is extremely hard to turn. Brakes work fine.

The dash shows at least 4 messages

power steering system problem
tire pressure monitor problem
brake hold system problem
hill start assist problem

Any help appreciated
Bump.

Got all the safety lights come on and pretty sure I got scammed by the auto shop.

Took car in last week for oil change, inspection, and they also rotated tires. They gave me the car back and all the safety lights were on.

I tried a reset of the infotainment system which cleared the codes on a youtube vid but its still here. Took it back to the autoshop, they had the car almost 2 days to simply tell me its something with the steering sensor and referenced me SB 18-102 and then quoted me a BS price to get it fixed...like $7.5k, which is basically the F off price.

They charged me 120 to "diagnose" it and im 99.9% sure they took my headphones only bc i was certain my headphones were in the car before but when they werent i went to check my home and they werent they, ive had them for years and never lost them, they only stay in my car for the gym or at home to charge them.

/rant

So they also provided some codes they said they scanned. I plan on stopping by autozone and see what their scanner reads.

I also have the tmps light on and when i got the car back, i noticed it felt like the tires were underinflated when turning. I had them air up the tires and i was HOPING it would maybe cause the lights to go away but no. The car feels better turning but lights still on.

When I got home i disconnected the negative battery cable to reset the computer...maybe i need to disconnect completely? I will try that later this week as well as call the dealership about the bulletin the autoshop referenced...which seems like its a free fix?

Other than that, im out of ideas. The car seems to run fine except the ACC is turned off as is the lane mitigation and some other safety features.

zbs60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda coupe ex-t
Country flag
Wow! Im supposed to take my car into the dealer tomorrow morning. They're gonna charge me 150 for the diagnostic. I sure hope its a fuse or a sensor. I really regret buying this honda civic coupe ex-t now. Its got the oil dilution issue, horrible air conditioning and now this problem.

I'll let you know what they find out.

zbs
Sponsored