Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2010, Coming soon 2016 Civic
Country flag
Hi im from mexico and we have no touring trim here, we have something called Turbo Plus wich is the equivalent of an EXL without the spoiler im in love with the car my only problem now is the color!

I want your votes and some comments I've never owned a black car before, they have almost all been silver and a lot of ppl i know tell me that the black one looks good but it gets warmer, its dirtier etc etc. Please HELP! hehe
Sponsored

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will get warmer and dirt will show more easily with black. But it's also the best looking when maintained. If you plan to clean it often using the proper methods to avoid scratches and swirl marks, black is more rewarding.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2009 was MSM. Loved the colour. Rich and looks good day or night, clean and dirty.

Went with my WOP Civic for a change. Haven't had a white car for 35 years.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I have black and think it looks pretty slick, so I vote for that. I am a simple guy though.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
If you live in the city where cars don't get dirty then black. If you drive gravel roads or in the mountains with salt and sand on the roads in the winter then maybe the Modern Steel Metallic is best. MSM does look good and was my first choice but doesn't come with the tan colored interior in Canada so I went with Black. I figure I see the inside more than the outside.

finneylp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, 2016
Country flag
Everyone that sees my black EX-T says something about how sharp it is. Really nice accent lines too

hondabuildquality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Black is my favorite color for the Civic, but you're right it's also the most difficult to maintain. The dirt really shows up on the black and I can only imagine how warm it is going to get in the summer time in Mexico.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I agree with the others. Unless you plan on washing your car constantly, and are good at washing without leaving swirl marks, I would not get the black. I personally own the modern steel metallic and I think it is beautiful.

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
this car looks good in any color offered its only a matter of which you like best. my black looks better dirty than yours clean. thats how much i like black. but had i had to MSM would have been # 3 behind white.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
this car looks good in any color offered its only a matter of which you like best. my black looks better dirty than yours clean. thats how much i like black. but had i had to MSM would have been # 3 behind white.
Had a black Elantra before My MSM civic. Unfort it rarely looked black in my climate/conditions. I have noticed that the MSM maintains its colour well between washes.

Good luck

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
maybe i should have put it I like black so much that to ME even though mine is filthy dirty, to Me it still looks better than any other color out there clean or otherwise.
yes i would have gotten almost any other of the colors, but not at the full price i paid. the black was there exactly as i wanted it so i went for it. the black wasn't extra they were all the same price, i just wasn't going to risk not getting my number one first choice car... for a few dollars. like i said i like black cars best. so i hope the OP get the drift to get the color he likes best.

OP
OP
Lufelham

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
guys guess what went to the dealer today they don't ship black civics to mexico :what::what::what: well steel it is but its weird that they don't send black ones to mexico

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
guys guess what went to the dealer today they don't ship black civics to mexico :what::what::what: well steel it is but its weird that they don't send black ones to mexico
Perhaps too hot down there for a black car ??

OP
OP
Lufelham

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nah don't think so maybe they don't sell that much? not a popular color here i guess my city loves white and silver

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
I have owned 5 black vehicles in my life and I could not love how it looks on a car and more than I already do. I love to maintain cars and have a wall of waxes, sealants, a whole hamper of rags, special sponges and mitts to wash with. All that said I'll never own another black car again. Maybe when I hit the lottery (which I don't play) I can have Jeeves the chauffeur/butler do it for me? Until then I'm over dark colors for the rest of my life! :)
Sponsored